Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
First, why start a new thread when one exists about 10 threads down on first page? Mod, please merge...

Second, hard to help if we don't know where you are. For example, Canada and USA dealers seem to have different offerings for remote starters, and knowing where you are helps us understand what you're being offered.

Third, is the dealer offering one-way, two way, hyundai branded or some other brand being offered by dealer?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, I forget how some are so anal here about more than one thread about something, I would hate to get more content in the lwb section. I don't want to read 300 post to find out my particular answer

Two, location, MO stands for Missouri. It on the left right next to location..

Third. It's Hyundai brand one way, Hyundai is offering factory set up.

Fourth maybe that is why this section is so dead because you ask a simple question and get nothing but attitude..

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
First, I forget how some are so anal here about more than one thread about something, I would hate to get more content in the lwb section. I don't want to read 300 post to find out my particular answer
How about keeping stuff in the same thread so people who would actually take the effort to read rather coming here simply to get what they want, can easily find the info instead of having spread in 4 or 5 or more different threads. I have been on this forum for a long time and seen how difficult it can be to find info or how discussions happen in parallel in different threads. Someone will answer your questions and provide additional info that would be very useful to others and why not combine that in one thread? Your not wanting to read 300 posts (it's actually whopping 86 if you bothered to check) is of no consequence to the rest of those willing to read, research and give back than just TAKE information they need.

Two, location, MO stands for Missouri. It on the left right next to location..
My bad...I did not see the MO...just the jeeps.

Third. It's Hyundai brand one way, Hyundai is offering factory set up.
OK, there is a bunch of info in the other thread and in the SFS sub forum about quirks with the Hyundai remotes which could impact your decision, and may have pre-empted your question. Again, another reason why keeping topics in one thread is helpful to research. Oh but I forgot, you don't want to research...you just want your questions answered.

Fourth maybe that is why this section is so dead because you ask a simple question and get nothing but attitude..
Again, happy to answer questions to which I have answers. and I have done so numerous times in many many posts, including several DIY to help others interested in modding their vehicles. I simply asked why yours deserved a new thread. I would suggest that I am not the one with the attitude.

So, back to your question...Avital, from what I know, is a decent brand, one of the DEI family of auto security systems and remote starts etc. Cost is a definite benefit, and the potential quirks with the Hyundai kit are something to consider. I don't know the range of the 1way hyundai or the Avital, but most are around 1 mile.

But ultimately, it comes to your risk tolerance. Some dealers threaten voiding the warranty if anything goes wrong with the car and they can somehow relate it or blame it on your aftermarket remote. Others say it's fine. I had a Viper in my Highlander for 4 years without issue and the dealer never raised a concern. If you don't see this as a risk, then why not go aftermarket?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would think i would go with the cheaper as long as you trust them and they will give you the same warranty in writing as Hyundai .The big problem up here in Canada is Hyundai is not using the same remote as in the US. Also some aftermarket manufacters are having issues with the new push button ignitions. The regular ignitions all seem problem free both sides of the border? Not sure if I helped you but there are a lot of bad installers and cheap remote units on the market. Viper is probably better than the OEM units- Cheers

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Aftermarket shop is a viper authorized dealer but they push avital mainly because of price, I ask about voiding Hyundai's warranty and they just said it won't. Not that they would cover anything if Hyundai doesn't, but this is a reputable shop don't get me wrong.

Range on factory installed is 75-100ft Avital is 1500ft.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about keeping stuff in the same thread so people who would actually take the effort to read rather coming here simply to get what they want, can easily find the info instead of having spread in 4 or 5 or more different threads. I have been on this forum for a long time and seen how difficult it can be to find info or how discussions happen in parallel in different threads. Someone will answer your questions and provide additional info that would be very useful to others and why not combine that in one thread? Your not wanting to read 300 posts (it's actually whopping 86 if you bothered to check) is of no consequence to the rest of those willing to read, research and give back than just TAKE information they need.
I read all of that post and most of it was about Canadian version, I've read every post here about remote start on Santa Fe, non gave me the info I wanted, sorry you had to waste time out of your night by clicking on this post. One big long thread that goes in 100 different directions not to mention push button start vs key start, is way more confusing me or anybody asking a specific question and getting a specific answer.

OK, there is a bunch of info in the other thread and in the SFS sub forum about quirks with the Hyundai remotes which could impact your decision, and may have pre-empted your question. Again, another reason why keeping topics in one thread is helpful to research. Oh but I forgot, you don't want to research...you just want your questions answered.
Once a gain huge threads that go in a 100 different directions are a PITA to follow. This is a forum, an open place for discussion. But I know there are always the forum nazi's who think things only need to be there way..

Again, happy to answer questions to which I have answers. and I have done so numerous times in many many posts, including several DIY to help others interested in modding their vehicles. I simply asked why yours deserved a new thread. I would suggest that I am not the one with the attitude.

So, back to your question...Avital, from what I know, is a decent brand, one of the DEI family of auto security systems and remote starts etc. Cost is a definite benefit, and the potential quirks with the Hyundai kit are something to consider. I don't know the range of the 1way hyundai or the Avital, but most are around 1 mile.

But ultimately, it comes to your risk tolerance. Some dealers threaten voiding the warranty if anything goes wrong with the car and they can somehow relate it or blame it on your aftermarket remote. Others say it's fine. I had a Viper in my Highlander for 4 years without issue and the dealer never raised a concern. If you don't see this as a risk, then why not go aftermarket?
See was that so hard? Mine may not deserve a post of it's own? But who knew a forum was anti member specific questions? I'm a member of 10 other ones and this is the first one I've been called out on because I didn't post the question where somebody else thought I should.

P.S, I'm not a rude guy, but when somebody comes off as a jerk, I tend to be a jerk back. Now can we get on with life and just answer questions to help guys out whether they post a new thread or add to an old one?:57:

·
Registered
230 Posts
You're pretty rude to a guy that just answered your question.

He was right less clutter = easier research.

The fact is that if you took the time to read that thread (as I did), you would have found the answer to your questions (as I did) simply by reading the facts and making your own conclusion. There is actually much more info there than there was when I was looking for a starter. All of which is excellent to help you make a decision. If you can read between the lines your question "which one would you choose" was answered at least half a dozen times.

Btw, I personally wouldn't go aftermarket for warranty reasons. Just my two cents, which you would have seen in that thread if you had read it......

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rudeness started in the second post, read it.. a simple answer would have been better than all this BS. If you guys don't like a post how about you just skip over it instead of attacking a guy?

No wonder the lwb sub forum is pretty much dead.. A guy can't even ask a question..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I got the Avital.. Works great to start the car. Only down side, is it will only let you unlock the drivers door with the remote wile remote started. But I guess the GLS's models don't have an immobilizer, so I'm only into this remote start for $200. So I'm happy, even better the wife is happy.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes they do, they said it would cost $550 and only have a range of 75-100'.
Incorrect. It is $550 but I have the two way on my base xl with keyed ignition. It comes with two fobs, 1 - one way and 1-two way remote. The range is 2500ft with the two way and less with the one way, but it is definitely not too much less, it never ceases to amaze me how far it goes. If you read the other thread on remote start all your info, part numbers, features etc is all there..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dealer told me it all it comes with is replacement keys/fobs nothing else, range would be 75ft to 100ft. You want there number so you can tell them they are wrong..

That thread, the one that's about the Canadian version with all the bugs?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I guess I would like the blue link to work with the key type ignition for remote start.
That would be great!
Maybe a guy could change out the ignition to the non key type, and blue link would work then?
Anyone?
Thanks
Coop

1 - 20 of 21 Posts