Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've been looking around here as a friend has asked me to install an aftermarket remote locking kit on her 2001 Accent GSI (European right hand drive model, 4 door).

The car has central locking which operates when the driver's door is (un)locked. I've been trying to find out does this have a central control module, or is it just a 'dumb' system where the other motors operate as slaves depending on the position of the driver's door one?
I've done a lot of searching on here and HMA service and have turned up some conflicting information, some appears to imply that the central locking is controlled by the ETACS(?) module, others such as the component locations diagrams, say that there is no central control and it's simply 4 motors.

I've done a fair few alarm installs on numerous cars over the years so am au fait with wiring etc, but I'd love to hear from anyone who has installed one in an Accent, where would be the best place to connect to the central locking system, is there in fact a control module or am I better just trying to trace the motor wiring from the driver's door and tapping in there?

Any thoughts would be really appreciated!

Thanks guys :)

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Interesting, I checked in a few hours after posting this and found my account had been deleted, I hope I haven't offended anyone or breached any of the forum rules, apologies if so....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts