Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new keyless remote fob for my 2002 santa fe and followed programming instructions and eventually was able to program the new remote. But, I did not realize I had to program my existing remote at the same time. Since, I have retried programming both remotes many times with no success--the new one works, but the old one won't. The instructions were: 1) Locate switch under dash, behind fuse box; 2) Turn ignition switch on, but don't start engine; 3) Wait 5 seconds, set memory switch to SET position; 4) Press remote LOCK button; press second remote transmitter LOCK button; 5) Set memory switch to OFF; 6) Switch ignition OFF. 7) Confirm programming by locking and unlocking vehicle.

I have tried varying how long I hold remote lock buttons and at step 6) removing the key from the ignition, also waiting more than 5 seconds at step 3), but only the new remote works and the old one doesn't. I tried searching this site for past answers to this question, but turned up no results. Can anyone help, or do I just pay the Dealer to do it? Thanks for any advice. gmilkins

·
Registered
1 Posts
have you checked the battery?
You didn't say anything about it in your post.
One more thing. Your old remote might just be dead. I am selling remotes on ebay and have a special tool to check the remotes. Many remotes I get are completly dead even after chaging the battery.

·
Registered
24 Posts
QUOTE (gmilkins @ May 17 2008, 09:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=161843
I purchased a new keyless remote fob for my 2002 santa fe and followed programming instructions and eventually was able to program the new remote. But, I did not realize I had to program my existing remote at the same time. Since, I have retried programming both remotes many times with no success--the new one works, but the old one won't. The instructions were: 1) Locate switch under dash, behind fuse box; 2) Turn ignition switch on, but don't start engine; 3) Wait 5 seconds, set memory switch to SET position; 4) Press remote LOCK button; press second remote transmitter LOCK button; 5) Set memory switch to OFF; 6) Switch ignition OFF. 7) Confirm programming by locking and unlocking vehicle.

I have tried varying how long I hold remote lock buttons and at step 6) removing the key from the ignition, also waiting more than 5 seconds at step 3), but only the new remote works and the old one doesn't. I tried searching this site for past answers to this question, but turned up no results. Can anyone help, or do I just pay the Dealer to do it? Thanks for any advice. gmilkins
Have you made any progress on this? One of my fobs has died on my '02 Santa Fe, and the other one is acting funny. I checked with the local dealer, and they want a big pile of cash for a new fob, and then another smaller pile of cash to program it for me. I was thinking about eBaying a couple and programming them myself.

Jack

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shut up

Idiots. "you need a hi-scan". Shutup. Did you or did you not just hear the guy say he programmed one of the remotes already?

The problem is you need to hit buttons on both of the transmitters while in program mode. If you hit the buttons on just one and close the programming then only that remote is in memory.

In the future, if you don't know something don't say something. You cost folks real money by trying to be knowing when you are exactly not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts