Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I operate my remote to unlock or lock the car, the beep stops working when its cold (like below 0 celsius). The flashers still blink and the doors lock and unlock, just no beep when its cold. Anyone else had this issue? Any ideas?

·
Registered
196 Posts
When I operate my remote to unlock or lock the car, the beep stops working when its cold (like below 0 celsius). The flashers still blink and the doors lock and unlock, just no beep when its cold. Anyone else had this issue? Any ideas?
If your remote's stopped bleeping it probably needs a new battery. Battery voltage drops with low temperatures.

On European models the indicators flash but neither the remote nor car bleeps on locking/unlocking.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Highly doubt it's the remote battery on a 2016 model.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The remote does not beep; the car does... or should.
The OP's post wasn't clear whether it was the car or remote not beeping and some car remotes do beep. However, you omitted the rest of my post.................

"On European models the indicators flash but NEITHER THE REMOTE NOR CAR BEEP on locking/unlocking"

Electronics not working when it's very cold it suggests a battery that's dropping voltage below a critical level but if the beep is supplied by the car battery this is not the likely cause if the locks are operating normally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts