Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the hyundaiusa.com SFS configurator, under options, there is an option for Remote Engine Start.

If you click to see the details it says: "Not available on Leather/Premium or Technology Package"

Is this a mistake?

·
Registered
91 Posts
On the hyundaiusa.com SFS configurator, under options, there is an option for Remote Engine Start.

If you click to see the details it says: "Not available on Leather/Premium or Technology Package"

Is this a mistake?
If you subscribe to BlueLink you can get the package with remote start. Maybe dealers offer a cheaper version on the base model? I have never seen or heard of one though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not subscribe to BlueLink nor will I do so once I buy the car. The $350 option is a physical remote fob and is not part of the BlueLink technology.

I hope the dealer will be able to install it for me, eventhough the Hyundai website says that it isn't possible.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I do not subscribe to BlueLink nor will I do so once I buy the car. The $350 option is a physical remote fob and is not part of the BlueLink technology.

I hope the dealer will be able to install it for me, eventhough the Hyundai website says that it isn't possible.
I personally like the ability to start it with bluelink as the range is much greater than the standard remote start will give you unless you also do one of those cell based ones but those have a subscription fee as well so why do that over something built in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I personally like the ability to start it with bluelink as the range is much greater than the standard remote start will give you unless you also do one of those cell based ones but those have a subscription fee as well so why do that over something built in.
This.

In the extreme summer or winter months, I can start my car 5-10 minutes before I get off work from my desk. Then, I just walk out and my car is a perfect 72 degrees.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts