Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have hyundai i20 2011.

Yesterday i tried to install an aftermarket remote cetral locking system.
I didnt know where or how to install the motor for the* door lock.

Did any one can send me a picture or explanation how to fit this to the original?

Another thing, i must have to use an aftermarket motor?
Why can i just connect the remote system to this connector? (Pic)

Thank you all,
Almog.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,281 Posts
Yesterday i tried to install an aftermarket remote cetral locking system.
I didnt know where or how to install the motor for the* door lock.
I've attached some pics below that might give you some ideas. The first pic is my installation in a Hyundai Gets. The other pics are an installation in a Hyundai i10. I definitely didn't install that one though.

Almogtz said:
Another thing, i must have to use an aftermarket motor?
Yes, you must.

Almogtz said:
Why can i just connect the remote system to this connector?
Hyundai cars that don't come with factory remote locking don't have an actuator (motor) in the driver's door, so you need to add one (and the wiring to power it) to move the lock. The thing that's in the driver's door looks like an actuator but it's really just a switch that sends power to the other doors. The aftermarket actuator that you fit will move the original switch and it's the original switch that operates the locks in the other doors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much!!

In your installation on i10, how did you fit the motor to the door lock? I cant see thus in your pics.

The i10 lock cable are different from the getz. The cable from the actuator yo the lock switch is flrxible. Did you just push it to the actuator?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,281 Posts
The i10 installation isn't one of mine. It's just a pic I found on the forum that I thought might give you an idea of where to fit the motor.

The way I attach an actuator rod to a bowden cable is by using a cable bracket kit. You fit the bracket to the door behind the cable, then cut away a section of the cable outer sheath where the rod will attach. You then secure the two cable outer sheaths on either side of the cut to the bracket using the clips supplied in the kit....see below :

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Myself trying to upgrade to remote central lock on i20 2011 magna.
But even if the remote lock is installed, do not we required to change the key to keyless key again? I'm confused about this. Really needs your advise. Thanks.

·
Registered
15,281 Posts
No, you don't need to change the keys. The remote locking kit comes with a small remote control that you use to lock/unlock the doors.
Something like this...

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
No, you don't need to change the keys. The remote locking kit comes with a small remote control that you use to lock/unlock the doors.
Something like this...
You did good on this post. I will not ask questions about anything I see that I may not agree with because your not harming the person asking for help in any way.
I hope you can see the difference.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Sir, will only one actuator unit and just remote key works for the remote locking system?

Any other wiring harness or extra parts required? I'm really confused with remote locking set which comes with different parts, actuator, key, wires cables etc.etc.!!!! Any fast solutions and help is awaiting. Thanks in advanced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts