Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a W reg Accent from a used/approved HYUNDAI dealer, that claims to have keyless entry (sjows in my manual too) and was provided the remote and was informed that the key had run out of battery so I asked before I purchased it that he could confirm it deffinitely works... So I bought a new battery and installed it into the key. The key now flashes when I press either of the buttons. However the car doesn't respond in any way. Is there anybody out there that has had this problem and if so did they manage to couple the key and car so that it worked again.

Thank you in advance for replying if at all. :)
Shaunus

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the same problem with my V-reg cdx, except when I replaced the battery it still didn't light up.
I bought a replacement fob off ebay, I then had to go through the programming the fob to the receiver procedure, which you will also probably have to do.
Btw, mine still doesn't work, even after going through the programming procedure, I think my ETAC module (where the receiver is housed) is faulty.
My doors lock & unlock themselves rapidly when I'm driving which is annoying & dangerous, sometimes I can't open the doors because they go into this spasm of rapidly locking & unlocking. As I said I think the Etac module is faulty but if anyone on here knows what else could cause this I'd appreciate any advice.

Anyway here is the programming procedure to set your fob to the receiver......

Programming remotes on 16 pin OBD Systems

Procedure

1. Locate the metal box below the steering column for remote function.

2. Remove the small piece of tape to uncover a hole with a switch inside.

3. With the ignition on, move the switch to the "SET" position.

4. Press the button on ALL remotes needed for the vehicle.

5. Return the switch to the "OFF" position.

6. Switch off the ignition and test all remotes.

Incase you don't know the ETAC unit is located below the steering wheel. You have to remove the 4 screws holding the removable panel below the steering wheel you will then see the box (about the size of a postcard) in this compartment.
It has a sticker on it "ETACS & ANTENNA ASSY" the switch is on the side, good luck with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply,
Just a quick one, when you say turn on the ignition do you mean get the clock to light up (first setting), get all icons and accessories on the dash to initialise (second setting), or start the car.

Basically I have tried a few different methods with the ETACS unit but I do not believe mine is broken. I am suspecting that the key I have been given is incorrect as I haven't seen anyware on google saying that it works for my car. The model I was given states it's for an Elantra... and the ETACS unit has the following written on it. I haven't taken everything from it but here ya go
ETACS
(antenna assy etc.)
95400 25200
And the model Key I'm trying to use is a two button hyundai key (OKA-510T)
(see url)
http://www.autotechs.com/images/item474_1.jpg.

I will try out the procedure in the post above but I think I probably have performed that combination along with my attempts with the OFF/SET button press sequence.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The ignition is on when in the second setting, no need to start car.
That pic of the fob you linked to is exactly the same as my (not working) original & the same as my replacement.
The same fob is used on other Hyundai cars, ie the Santa-fe.
I priced a new etac module from a scrappy & it was 35-quid, but I'm now thinking of just buying a cobra alarm with central locking connections & forgetting about the factory original system.
I've fitted a cobra alarm to a Fiat Brava I used to own & it worked great.
Auto central locking worked from the other end of my street, unlike my wifes Citroen Picasso which has to have the fob practically shoved through the window before it opens the doors.
Btw the fob also sets the cars alarm incase you didn't know.
Just another thought, could you not take the car back to the dealer, shout a bit & claim you were given duff info about the fob working?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't remember seeing a switch on the etac other then the one used for programming the fob.
Is it on the etacs circuit board?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The only switch on my etacs is the fob programming switch, it has no other switches either on the case or the circuit board inside.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the exact same problem my central locking goes abit mad sometimes and as soon as i unlock with the key it locks again and will do anytime after.

The fob I was given is completely different to your picture shown below, its a two button model, just lock and unlock as my CDX doesnt have an alarm but a different shape (dont have pic at mo sorry, but will take 1). The fob came as from what i can see working as the little light flashes when you push the buttons and although i put a new battery in just incase it still doesnt program to the etacs unit as I did the exact same method as mentioned below.

I think it must just be these cars. Maybe there is a reset switch somewhere to clear the etacs unit as i dont think it is faulty as itseems a common problem and the central locking wouldnt work at all if the unit was shot. If you disconnect the fuse powering the etacs unit the power locks dont work at all, so if the unit was faulty surely the central locking wouldnt work period???

I find everytime i fix 1 thing, something else breaks on it, my handbrake light is permantely on and now starting to get engine check light flashing up on board and the code reads as undefined (seems possible MAF sensor) the dash looks like an xmas tree.

Possibly time for a change

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need your kind support same issue I have verna 2000 I have replaced the battery for its remote control but not working I tried to programming but same could you please support on how can I check the wirring and programming properly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts