Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that in a low fuel condition either the fuel pump icon or the blue last bar would flash when the really critical level occured, could anyone confirm this happens on the i10 Classic or is it just on the higher spec i10's

Regards mahler.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why would you ever want to get to that condition. It hurts the fuel pump. Don't let it go below quarter tank.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you ever want to get to that condition. It hurts the fuel pump. Don't let it go below quarter tank.
I'm afraid your reply was unhelfull, and I still want to know an answer to my question, as a new owner I am going through the learning curve, and have no intention of making a habit of allowing the fuel level to go so low, but if the technology is available on the car to allow non panic status during emergency conditions then I wish to know about it, without being told the obvious.

Regards mahler.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
last blue bar does not flash my car the dealer did not put petrol in when i bought new and the blue bar was the last one.
Thanks Janet1066, I will do a Google search, because I'm sure I didn't dream the details, and if I find it I'l post the info.

Regards mahler.

·
Registered
14 Posts
low fuel flash

I had to run my i10, 2011 Active, desperately low in traffic on the motorway.

Did 40+ miles and tick over for about 30 minutes after the last bar on the gauge was on , and low fuel warning.

The last bar will flash when you get really low, on mine it is about 3 litres left I guess. Kept running fine, so fuel pump must have been running

Must of been nearly dry, got 37+ litres in when filled!

Does between 10 and 13 miles to the litre depending on right foot condition.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to run my i10, 2011 Active, desperately low in traffic on the motorway.

Did 40+ miles and tick over for about 30 minutes after the last bar on the gauge was on , and low fuel warning.

The last bar will flash when you get really low, on mine it is about 3 litres left I guess. Kept running fine, so fuel pump must have been running

Must of been nearly dry, got 37+ litres in when filled!

Does between 10 and 13 miles to the litre depending on right foot condition.
Many thanks Sam B that's what I was looking for m8, so really we have three alerts, firstly the gauge goes down to one bar, then the pump symbol comes on and finally the last bar flashes or blinks, I'm happy now :)

Regards mahler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts