Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello I was told by my dealer that when it came close to my delivey date he would get in touch and give me some choices on different reg plate no's I was just wondering when people usually get the choices and how many different ones they get shown to choose from? oh and also i was thinking about getting the the g3 glass coat stuff and was wondering how people had got on with it if they'd had it put on?

·
Registered
158 Posts
A lot of dealers use to give you a choice from a list of reg numbers. But I haven't come across this in a long while.

I think the dealers are given the VIN numbers on some kind of shipping manifest, they then allocate each VIN number to the reg number range they have access too.

I was looking for WO10 RATTLEBOX , but they said I could only have 3 digits after my WO10 area code :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh dear im sorry to hear that noddy.

so should i already of been shown my choice by now then since it docked 2 days ago?? and does that mean ive missed out? :puzzled: i was kinda looking forward to having a choice

·
Registered
99 Posts
QUOTE (Teacup3000 @ May 9 2010, 01:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321165
hello I was told by my dealer that when it came close to my delivey date he would get in touch and give me some choices on different reg plate no's I was just wondering when people usually get the choices and how many different ones they get shown to choose from?
I collected 2 i10s over the past year. On both occasions, the salesmen contacted me when the cars arrived at the dealerships. The first time, I was given a choice of 5 reg numbers; the second time, 4.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
QUOTE (exatoz @ May 9 2010, 07:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321218
I collected 2 i10s over the past year. On both occasions, the salesmen contacted me when the cars arrived at the dealerships. The first time, I was given a choice of 5 reg numbers; the second time, 4.
Same here....... 2 cars and 2 sets of numbers to choose from.
Teacup3000, phone your dealer and ask them to contact you when they have a list to choose from. It shouldn't be a problem at all :grin:

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Please forgive the Yank but it seems the car-buying process is a bit different in the UK than it is here in the States. Here in the US plates are issued from a set when the registration is processed and have nothing to do with the owner's location (apart from the state as each state uses a different style of plate). For example, my original license plate on my Santa Fe was 149 BPB which means the next person who bought a car in the state of Oregon received 150 BPB and so on and so forth. The only time you get your choice of what your plate message is when you order personalized plates which usually cost a pretty penny more.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I wasn't given a choice. They called me shortly before the car arrived and gave me the number plate details so that I could sort out the insurance details. I have seen personalised plates that I like. Shame they're in the £1000 mark.

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ May 13 2010, 08:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322423
Please forgive the Yank but it seems the car-buying process is a bit different in the UK than it is here in the States. ............
Our plates are something like YY59 ABC where YY is the area where the plate was issued. 59 is a sort of bi-annual date indicator
(09 was first half 2009 59 is later 2009 although the changeover is march and September !) and ABC is a sequential three lettters issued. The "choice" from a dealer is that they may get 50 plates to register cars with and you could pick one that the three letters might mean something to you.

Earlier plates were a different layout. The government body that issues them keeps "good" plates to one side and auctions them off for the posers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE (Teacup3000 @ May 9 2010, 02:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321165
hello I was told by my dealer that when it came close to my delivey date he would get in touch and give me some choices on different reg plate no's I was just wondering when people usually get the choices and how many different ones they get shown to choose from? oh and also i was thinking about getting the the g3 glass coat stuff and was wondering how people had got on with it if they'd had it put on?
We had the coating put on.... is it worth it? Difficult to tell at this stage (had our i10 2 months), i guess the answer will show in a few years time when we can compare the condition of our i10 to one without the protection.

BTW, our dealer wanted £349 for the coating, told them no way (we could buy a laptop for our daughter with that money!), so they offered it for £199!

We didn't get a choice on our registration plate, thay just rang and told us what it was going to be.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
QUOTE (jackieb @ May 14 2010, 08:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322740
We had the coating put on.... is it worth it? Difficult to tell at this stage (had our i10 2 months), i guess the answer will show in a few years time when we can compare the condition of our i10 to one without the protection.
Am I correct in saying that if you have the coating put on, you get a set of instructions/do's and don'ts which are quite specific?

·
Registered
168 Posts
This country changed from regional to national plates about a decade ago; two reasons were given:

1 The second hand market was distorted by folk who favoured local numbers.

2 regional attitudes resulted in malicious damage to the cars of visitors. Scratches and unfriendly driving in Catalunia and worse things in the Basque Country.

The numbers are issued by the national agency without any room for favours and you cannot transfer a number to another vehicule. The dealer cannot apply for a number until the car has been bought, so the initial insurance cover note is often drawn up on the basis of the chassis number.

France, where our son lives, used to have regional numbers and if one moved house one might have to change plates too. They recently changed to national numbers and the son in question, bewails the change as he can no longer identify, at a glance, the potentially dangerous Parisians on holiday.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (jackieb @ May 14 2010, 08:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322740

BTW, our dealer wanted £349 for the coating, told them no way (we could buy a laptop for our daughter with that money!), so they offered it for £199!

We didn't get a choice on our registration plate, thay just rang and told us what it was going to be.
:liebe011: i decided to get it in the hope it will help protect the paint and make it easier to wash, and it seems ive gotten a good deal on it as they offered it for £149, i figured if it was gonna guarantee the paint for 5 years it was worth it :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.