Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hie all, ill be new owner of Tucson in 8 weeks time :) but unfortunately all Tucson in my country (malaysia) not equip with reverse camera. However our rear mirror comes integrated with compass display and high beam dimmer, so

1. Is there any possibility that the rear mirror is equip with integrated monitor?

2. If yes, anybody know exact wiring diagram / schematic so that i can fix in reverse camera

i tried search it and ask about this matters with sales person, but they fail to answer this.

tanx in advance

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I know I've seen the OEM fit camera available for purchase on eBay for around 30 USD. The mirror you can purchase an aftermarket mirror with a LCD screen inside of it and just wire the mirror and camera from the power of your reverse lights and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Jul 31 2010, 08:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346430
I know I've seen the OEM fit camera available for purchase on eBay for around 30 USD. The mirror you can purchase an aftermarket mirror with a LCD screen inside of it and just wire the mirror and camera from the power of your reverse lights and you should be good to go.
tanx for ur reply, but is there any possibility that our rear mirror is already equip with integrated monitor? (as our mirror already have compass display and high bim dimmer).....

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (haslin @ Jul 31 2010, 10:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346435
tanx for ur reply, but is there any possibility that our rear mirror is already equip with integrated monitor? (as our mirror already have compass display and high bim dimmer).....
If you look at you mirror from an angle while applying light to it with a flashlight you should be able to see the LCD behind the mirror.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Aug 1 2010, 09:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346478
If you look at you mirror from an angle while applying light to it with a flashlight you should be able to see the LCD behind the mirror.

i see, tanx mate for your info....hope to receive my Tucson soon so that i can check for it....will let u all know.....tanx again

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (haslin @ Jul 31 2010, 06:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346302
hie all, ill be new owner of Tucson in 8 weeks time :) but unfortunately all Tucson in my country (malaysia) not equip with reverse camera. However our rear mirror comes integrated with compass display and high beam dimmer, so

1. Is there any possibility that the rear mirror is equip with integrated monitor?

2. If yes, anybody know exact wiring diagram / schematic so that i can fix in reverse camera

i tried search it and ask about this matters with sales person, but they fail to answer this.

tanx in advance
:innocent: sorry, forgive my ignorance, aren't there some mirrors with monitor function, i ever saw my friend 's car installed with the rear view mirror, it can be used as a monitor and display the image of the object behind the car, also when he transmitted the monitor's function (as a part of a parking sensor) it is a rear view mirror, which can let driver see the objections behind the car via reflection. As what i understood, do you mean you also want to find this kind of mirror monitor.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (Hyhre @ Aug 9 2010, 02:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348098
:innocent: sorry, forgive my ignorance, aren't there some mirrors with monitor function, i ever saw my friend 's car installed with the rear view mirror, it can be used as a monitor and display the image of the object behind the car, also when he transmitted the monitor's function (as a part of a parking sensor) it is a rear view mirror, which can let driver see the objections behind the car via reflection. As what i understood, do you mean you also want to find this kind of mirror monitor.
Yes as I stated in Post #2. You can purchase an aftermarket rear view mirror with a monitor built in. They have more than one input so you can input a backup camera and also a GPS or DVD. You can transmit the sound either from a RF modulator though your FM or use the factory iPod Aux input. This option would be much cheaper than purchasing an OEM Hyundai rear view mirror with the monitor build in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts