Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am getting sick and tired of the tinted taillights which i currently have right now... (also getting sick of grabbing attention from mr officers)
so i decided to remove it but figured it might be too plain to rock the stock ugly taillights so i decided to order some red vinyl film..
THE CAR IN THE PIC IS NOT MY CAR! IT IS JUST TO SHOW YOU IDEAS! the first picture is the stock picture i got from google, rest are photoshopped, VOTE WOULD BE APPRECIATED ON DIFFERENT STYLES!! thanks

factory look

option #1

option #2 (all red out, this means my reverse light will be red as well lol)

option #3 (2009 sonata taillight style, just cut out the reverse light part in a small size ad red out the rest)

·
Registered
290 Posts
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ May 26 2010, 09:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326768
VOTE WOULD BE APPRECIATED ON DIFFERENT STYLES!! thanks
Option #1 is distinctive and I would think would be considered legal. Option #2 may not be legal and not practical if someone doesn't see you backing up and plows into you. Option #3 looks like every other 09 and 10 Sonata on the road. I vote #1.

·
Registered
587 Posts
They look fine stock. Leave them alone, tinting just cuts back on visability which is why its illegal. In Florida its illegal to tint head lights and rear brake/tail lights, also illegal to tint or cover your license plate in any way. People wonder why they attract attention when their license plate can only be seen 5 feet away because its so dark, amongst other items.

Why would you put red vinyl over a red lense?

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
I might be interested myself.... But -- as I noted -- I would have to replace my yellow blinker bulbs with white, right? But mainly my question is, what product is this? It needs to adhere to the plastic real well so it doesn't peel off when car is going thru a car wash....

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
http://www.lamin-x.com/One-Universal-4x8-F...over-p/1-48.htm

its the exact same thing as taillight smoke that people do to cars except its completly see through so doesnt block any light what so ever just pure red, ive seen it on tons of cars down here i dont think it will be a problem, just gotta heat gun/stack it after everything to make sure theres no air bubbles and although clear bulb would be more helpful i dont think it wont be that much of a difference, there are cars that comes with yellow bulb for signals and the lens are red (older volkswagen jettas, audi a4 etc.) and they all shine orange through the red colored lens perfectly fine

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
Hmmmm..... I like it.

But I will wait for YOU to be the first, brave guy to do it...... Please let me know when you plan buying the product (enough to cover your option 3), and how it went.... Our '05 Accord has the same rear look as your option 3, and I like it a lot better than my '06 look.

BTW, a silly question, isn't a powerful hair-drier good enough to be used in place of a heat-gun, which I've never used?

·
Banned
792 Posts
On the driver's side, do number 1, on the other side, number 2. Make it look like a modder's car, and not a typical senior's ride. :00000732:

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (mamamia @ May 30 2010, 09:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327827
Hmmmm..... I like it.

But I will wait for YOU to be the first, brave guy to do it...... Please let me know when you plan buying the product (enough to cover your option 3), and how it went.... Our '05 Accord has the same rear look as your option 3, and I like it a lot better than my '06 look.

BTW, a silly question, isn't a powerful hair-drier good enough to be used in place of a heat-gun, which I've never used?
yea i guess hair dryer is a bit more safer but im impatient, heatguns alot faster lol.. but ill post a pic of it on this thread after its done, the film isnt even here yet, i say couple more days and it should be here

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
I went thru their instructions, and saw the video too, and none mentions a heat-gun.... They rely on strong adhesive.... And if the adhesive is as strong, once you secure the film in place, I don't think you can push air bubles to travel to the outside.... What I would do is use a blow-drier and wherever any buble forms up -- I would stick a sharp thin needle to "blow it up" and release the air, before adding pressure to flatten and stick the vinyl.

BTW, is the product suppose to cover the whole of both lamps? 'Cause only the clear, lower part of each is suppose to be covered, I see no reason in covering the already red plastic with red film....

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (mamamia @ May 30 2010, 05:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327928
I went thru their instructions, and saw the video too, and none mentions a heat-gun.... They rely on strong adhesive.... And if the adhesive is as strong, once you secure the film in place, I don't think you can push air bubles to travel to the outside.... What I would do is use a blow-drier and wherever any buble forms up -- I would stick a sharp thin needle to "blow it up" and release the air, before adding pressure to flatten and stick the vinyl.

BTW, is the product suppose to cover the whole of both lamps? 'Cause only the clear, lower part of each is suppose to be covered, I see no reason in covering the already red plastic with red film....

yea hair dryer could do the trick, but all my friends who did it used heat guns... they both work i guess, and you have to cut the vinyl with exacto to just cover the clear part

1 - 20 of 24 Posts