Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know why my 2017 Elantra (built January 2016) has this style of Sport badge, and what it actually means? I bought the car lightly used at a Hyundai dealership and they told me it was a GL. Is there such a thing as a GL Sport? Is this a carry-over from the previous generation of Elantra?

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Is it one of the wide mouth grills or the older front end? If its the wide mouth, could be they changed them up after a few went out. If it is the old style, thats the standard badge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it one of the wide mouth grills or the older front end? If its the wide mouth, could be they changed them up after a few went out. If it is the old style, thats the standard badge.
Here's a photo of the front end I took on a dirty, snowy day in February. Do you know what my badge indicates exactly? Like maybe what it meant on the previous generation Elantra? The car does have a Sport (as well as Eco) mode, but I assumed this was standard on all the Elantras now.

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm not too familiar with the Canadian trim levels, but, that looks like some universal "Sport" badge the dealer slapped on. That doesn't even match the font of the other badges.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not too familiar with the Canadian trim levels, but, that looks like some universal "Sport" badge the dealer slapped on. That doesn't even match the font of the other badges.
That's kinda what I figured, but I have seen Elantras of the previous generation with the same badge. I've only seen one other of this generation with it, but that means mine's not the only one. Still looking for feedback if anyone has more information…

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
That is not the Sport's badge. If it was on it new, the dealer added it. Pretty much false advertising.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The only badging I've seen that goes under the Elantra badge is the "SE" for the American model. Never seen the sport badge under there and I agree with the TheRupp and solman98. The "sport" badge was added by the dealer.

·
Registered
844 Posts
...or, since it's used, it might have been added by the previous owner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts