Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, like I've posted, I have a 2018 SFS and would like to keep the inside in mint condition for as long as I can.

Does anyone have any recommendations for floor mats that will protect the carpet up front and in back? I heard WeatherTech are over priced and ineffective.

Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I got my Optima SX, it came with mats from Findway Canada, based in the GTA. I honestly didn't even know they weren't the OEM mats! They are soft and carpet-like, but, completely waterproof. Fantastic stuff. I just ordered a set for my wife's new-to-us 2015 Santa Fe XL last night - I'll let you know how they are next week if/when they arrive. If they're anything like the ones in my Optima, though, I'm sure they're going to be awesome.
On top of that, they're CHEAP! $99 CAD + small shipping charge + tax for the whole set.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I’ve been using Weathertech for the last 17 yrs on at least 8 different vehicles and everyone else within our family also uses Weathertech, yes they’re a bit pricey but I do think it does the job protecting the mats pretty well. On a side note, you can look for Husky, Findway mats or this new company Mats Metric that we just found out. My brother says it was better than his Weathertech and it even has a higher wall protection but you would have to look it up to see it for yourself. The reason why I kept going back to Weathertech because once I sold my car, I can sell the Weathertech mats to get a portion of my money back which I always do then that money goes to the new mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
977 Posts
When I got my Optima SX, it came with mats from Findway Canada, based in the GTA. I honestly didn't even know they weren't the OEM mats! They are soft and carpet-like, but, completely waterproof. Fantastic stuff. I just ordered a set for my wife's new-to-us 2015 Santa Fe XL last night - I'll let you know how they are next week if/when they arrive. If they're anything like the ones in my Optima, though, I'm sure they're going to be awesome.
On top of that, they're CHEAP! $99 CAD + small shipping charge + tax for the whole set.

Optima K5 and now 2015 SF XL, wow we are very similar and we might have met in the Optimaforums lol. I sold my SX and traded in for the Lexus RX but now I’m driving the XL because the wife drives the Lexus. Agreed about Findway mats and I also mentioned about Mats Metric and they look pretty good from what my brother told me. Here’s what it looks like from his buddy that has it.

Reactions: Basshound

·
Registered
113 Posts
We went with OEM all weather mats for our 2010 SF, from the dealer where we purchased the vehicle. When it was time to get mats for our 2017 SFS, I searched online. The prices can vary widely. They were still a lot cheaper than the local dealers. The best price was a dealer about 40 minutes away from us and it was cheaper to do the online order than go to the parts window.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Optima K5 and now 2015 SF XL, wow we are very similar and we might have met in the Optimaforums lol. I sold my SX and traded in for the Lexus RX but now I’m driving the XL because the wife drives the Lexus. Agreed about Findway mats and I also mentioned about Mats Metric and they look pretty good from what my brother told me. Here’s what it looks like from his buddy that has it.
LOL that is super strange!
Prior vehicle to the Optima: 2004 Acura TSX. If you had one, I'm officially freaked out. :p

Those MatMetric mats look good too, although maybe not as OEM carpet/stealthy as the Findway ones.

·
Registered
977 Posts
LOL that is super strange!

Prior vehicle to the Optima: 2004 Acura TSX. If you had one, I'm officially freaked out. :p

Those MatMetric mats look good too, although maybe not as OEM carpet/stealthy as the Findway ones.

Lol pretty close though , I had a brand new 2003 Acura TL but it was totalled in less than a year.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
If you live in an area where you don't have to deal with mud or road salt you probably do not need WeatherTech. If you live where I do......5 FEET on snow in three days.....WeatherTech liners are my go to product. No product can eliminate all problems in a severe weather climate, but the WTs do the best at keeping the mud and dissolved salt out of the factory carpeting IMHO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Ken,
I have a 2017 SFS, and when I bought it, the logical thing to do was to get good floor mats. And, as I had done with the last two vehicles I owned, I was going to buy WeatherTech mats, even though they aren't cheap. I went to my local Action Car and Truck Accessories store where the sales guy told me about a new company called Enthuze.
Apparently, the founder of Enthuze used to work at WeatherTech and knew their manufacturing processes. Anyways, I ended up purchasing a set for my SFS and I have to say, they are excellent! No difference from the WeatherTech mats except in price.
The full set of Enthuze mats run about $60-$70 cheaper than WT and other than the name tag, you won't be able to tell the difference.
I see that you live in The Peg, and there is an Action Car and Truck there. I highly recommend that you check them out.
Cheers

·
Registered
177 Posts
All sorts of good products out there as pointed out by all. To add to the list are my 3D MAXpider Kagu front mats that I found cheap and barely used on eBay.
Very happy with them but procrastinating on cleaning them anticipating more weather before Spring... That's the biggest pain with all of these, IMHO...

·
Registered
7 Posts
WeatherTech............definitely if you deal with rain/mud/snow.......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you all for the great advice. I LOVED the look of the Mats Metrics but the price tag made me go blind for a moment. LOL.

Looks like I'm heading down to 1588 King Edward Street to check out the Enthuze mats. Thanks yytguy!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Thank you all for the great advice. I LOVED the look of the Mats Metrics but the price tag made me go blind for a moment. LOL.

Looks like I'm heading down to 1588 King Edward Street to check out the Enthuze mats. Thanks yytguy!

Actually I was just checking out Enthuze mats and it does look very similar to Weathertech version, the only issue I see that it doesn’t give too many options like the colours, third row or the cargo liner if you ever wanted that option. I guess WT are more expensive because you do have those option and of course more choices means more money. I also checked out Husky as well and again they don’t have too many options as WT, I’d preferred the Husky brand myself but it doesn’t give me too many options as WT does otherwise I would have bought them. If you only need the simple front and rear set in black only them yes Enthuze brand might be what you’re looking for. Let us know what you decided to go with and post up pics for members to see.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I love my Weathertech mats, but I admit they do leave a little to be desired.

With that said, I saved a lot of money by buying front and rear separately on Amazon versus buying the front and rear kit together. I think I saved $50+

·
Registered
52 Posts
What are people's thoughts on non-OEM cargo liners? I bought the Hyundai one because it was sold as rubberized plastic, which sounded like what I had (and really liked) in my Q5. But it's very slippery and hard, the complete opposite. It likes to curl at the edges, slides around, and isn't quite hard enough to hold position. Are other versions better than this in any or all ways?

·
Registered
7 Posts
A WeatherTech cargo liner came with my SFS when I bought it............

·
Registered
6 Posts
I highly recommend my Weathertech mats. That said, I think the best thing to do is find hard/rigid mats with a raised rim around them for a good price. My shoes are usually muddy and filthy so, an impermeable plastic/rubber with a ridge is a must.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been trying to find Hyundai Canada premium all-weather cargo tray 013DP-83003PT but think it has been discontinued...weathertech are good quality but OEM has easier access to rear cargo "in-floor" storage.

·
Registered
177 Posts
What are people's thoughts on non-OEM cargo liners? I bought the Hyundai one because it was sold as rubberized plastic, which sounded like what I had (and really liked) in my Q5. But it's very slippery and hard, the complete opposite. It likes to curl at the edges, slides around, and isn't quite hard enough to hold position. Are other versions better than this in any or all ways?
Focusing (for once) on your cargo liner question, for sure WeatherTech is the top of the mark. Being cheap, and like you liked the idea of a rubberized flexible cargo mat, I found this trimmable generic rubber cargo mat that has worked perfectly for me and easy to roll up out of the way when needed for third row deployment of my LWB, etc... It has excellent grip both top and bottom, no slip.

Pictures of mine are below. Couldn't find the exact same one on eBay anymore, but the link is for what looks to be very similar, if helpful.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trunk-Cargo-Floor-Mats-for-Auto-SUV-Van-All-Weather-Rubber-Black/301825751192?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D49923%26meid%3D536f26e797e04a18867c1a644ded9b49%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D351781803883%26itm%3D301825751192&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts