Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I will be very soon getting my first car (a 2007 Sonata V6), and I am very excited!! :D It has lots of distance on it (~150k miles), and it's had its fair share of time and revvs stuck in snow and splattering salt. It's got the underfloor protection and it is the highest spec, so the ESC and TC did help out the life of the car.

I will be getting it second hand and my first plans of the car is to improve its performance by restoring its oldest or worn parts. I assume this will be something within the powertrain, or more specifically, the engine itself and maybe the transmission (yeah it's an auto).

That said, I really don't know what I should consider first. The car runs well, no startup failures or struggles, and the only little issue it has is some warning lights that won't go off.

Would you like to offer some advice on what kind of repairs/modifications I should consider first? As of now, I don't want to add something that would increase output (ie. Bigger intake). I need to get some work done that would help restore the car [close] to its original whp. That would mean not only helping to restore the engine, but the drivetrain as well.

Takers?
Thank you so much in advance!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Congrats.

If the car runs fine, then why replace anything? Just do a basic tune up and change fluids and you should be good to go.

I'd also check that "warning" light. Which light is on? The check engine light? If so, get a code reading and fix that first.

·
Registered
66 Posts
careful. replacing those spark plugs close to the firewall is not easy and that is something that has to be done. i would first get the codes that thing has. then, i would decide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts