Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change as many of the exterior lights as possible. I'm sure many of you have already done the same. If so please post what brand and models you are using. I have 2018 Elantra SE. I especially want to change the signal lights. I find that the stocks are not very bright at all. Any help is welcomed. Hopefully we can find some sets that fit perfect for every location.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,866 Posts
I want to change as many of the exterior lights as possible. I'm sure many of you have already done the same. If so please post what brand and models you are using. I have 2018 Elantra SE. I especially want to change the signal lights. I find that the stocks are not very bright at all. Any help is welcomed. Hopefully we can find some sets that fit perfect for every location.
Hey @clever1,

We are one of the authorized vendors at this forum. We carry a lot of LED bulb brands and models for the 2018 Elantra. Below is the link to view the complete selection:
2018 Hyundai Elantra LED Lights at CARiD
As for the brand recommendations, I'd pick bulbs by Sylvania, Lumen, Philips or Putco. We keep getting a lot of good reviews on the LED bulbs by these 4 brand. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I may get hated on by some but at the end of the day you'll appreciate my recommendations

I've got a long history with vehicle lighting and it's Evolution from incandescent to halogen to hid to led to laser

Few things to take into consideration when you're upgrading vehicle lighting and going to a different bulb type than what was in the fixture originally
First thing is DOT SAE EU approval
Not just for the legality although there is a huge liability when running non DOT Compliant lighting on Road.
Ranging anything from a Fix-It ticket to a $25,000 fine on the Civil side as well as possible criminal if said lighting was the cause of the accident i e a really illegal in botched hid upgrade

And second following compliance makes us easier optically outputting the upgraded light source emission in the same pattern as what is being upgraded which not only makes the assembly Globe properly but also refract and reflect that light outward in a direction that it's meant to you'll see in my examples below

With that said you also need to make sure that the bulb is not only. Approved but also that it optically is similar or better than the incandescent that you're upgrading and not scattering the light in directions not wanted

With that being said I do recommend sometimes Non DOT approved if I can Ensure that the upgrade is compliant with. As far as all those bits and bats

Sylvania optically don't work in this car
And Sylvania are not DOT approved specifically saying it on the box for off-road use only

Philips is DOT approved
1156 and 1157 red are the ones you're going to need for the the parking and brake light like in the photo below as these optically work and are DOT approved
Providing your reflector assembly takes that light and puts it out properly thankfully in our set-up it takes it off the 180 access and throws it horizontally then in an oval or round shape

·
Registered
982 Posts
...Philips is DOT approved
1156 and 1157 red are the ones you're going to need for the the parking and brake light like in the photo below as these optically work and are DOT approved...
no "photo below." Did you forget to attach it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts