Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently bought a 1999 Lantra 1.6 gsi for my wife. It was bought intended as a cheap stop gap car as her old one has died, pending her next car that we'd planned. But she absolutely loves this car and wants to keep it (it's not actually a bad little car!). I've had a good look over it and can't really fault much. It drives and stops exactly how it should, smooth and responsive. Couple of little things, but not many. The cables for the drivers window mechanism are snapped, so that needs replacing, that's about it. I've given it a service (oil plugs and filters), I'm going to get it's timing belt done soon too, but it looks like a keeper!

The issue with the window mechanism, seems it's not a common car here (UK) and parts aren't easy to find without paying stupid prices. The car seems very similar to the accent and some others, does anyone know if the mechanism is the same in any other models, so I might be able to find the part without paying £60 for some cables?

Also, what's this car about? What's it's history and it's place within Hyundai? It seems like a real little gem and I'm intrigued by it. I feel like it's got a story to tell

1 - 1 of 1 Posts