Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!
I have recently purchased a used Sonata. This is my first "new" but used car. I have always driven Pontiacs or Chevy's so this is something new.
The only problem that I am having is that the stereo is in lock mode because the previous owners installed their own system and took out the factory installed. Upon trading the car in, they replaced the factory stereo and it locked. It displays the numbers 4321.
Does anyone know how to reset it. Also, I am missing the antenna, any idea where to pick one up?
Thank you to anyone that can help me out!

Cheers!
Michele

·
Registered
19 Posts
I read in Hyundai Webtech that when you disconnect the head unit from the battery, it becomes unusable (lock mode) until you enter the ID code of the car. What i don't know is where do you get this number from. I SUPPOSE it could be in that sticker that is under the driver's seat door.
I'm in the process of installing a new sound setup so, if anyone has more info on this (or if this works), please post a repply.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also cannot prgrm my radio. The Toyota Dealership I bought my Santa Fe from mistakenly put the charger on the wrong terminals of the battery. Once new battery was put in, the radio now does not work, nor does the keyless entry. Any ideas if these are connected. Or where I can find that Code? Thanks, :blink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts