Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just got a call today from Hyundai telling me there has been a recall on my sonata "apparently they have to replace the rear lower control arms on my 2011 Sonata GLS, asked why and what happened the service manger couldn't give a straight answer lol, really... Haven't looked into it yet, but figure since I'm ready for an oil change might as well have that recall fixed...

side note, still waiting on my dash kit and harness for my new head unit. Gonna be picking up the WeatherTech in channel rain guards tomorrow for my car, been wanting these for awhile now, turned out a local car shop/store carries them ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
275 Posts
This is a known issue on cold weather vehicles. There is a dedicated thread somewhere. Got mine done already; they say the bolts corrode and seize inside.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
This is a known issue on cold weather vehicles. There is a dedicated thread somewhere. Got mine done already; they say the bolts corrode and seize inside.
Did yours have a "clanking" noise every now and then? Nothing consistent...just random.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Did yours have a "clanking" noise every now and then? Nothing consistent...just random.
I get some unrelated clunking from the front over semi-large bumps (going into a driveway). It's been there for a while now and the dealer "can't hear it" same way they don't hear a whistle sound from the window at 60 km/h when it's down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts