Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Interesting. I have had intermittent (actually very infrequent) issues with the door locks. Namely, I would think that I unlocked the doors for everyone to get in the car, but every door but the driver door would remain locked. I would just push the button again, thinking that it was something I did. It never occurred to me that it might actually be a problem with the door locks themselves.

My car falls outside of the window of the TSO, but I'm not sure I would take it in anyway. It has happened maybe 4 or 5 times in the 7 months I've owned the car. Minor inconvenience to me, and I would think removing all the door panels, windows, etc. would create at least the possibility of new problems (i.e. squeaking mentioned by someone in the other post).

·
Registered
93 Posts
mgibson, this is exactly what happens to mine, probably a dozen times or so to date. car was purchased in Apr 13, so, outside the window, but door issues none the less...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Interesting. My LWB was built in Jan of 2013, but has exhibit odd issues with the locks. I thought I was just not hitting the button right, but I always heard the indicator sound.

Sometimes I'll click the key fob twice, so the passenger doors unlock, but only the driver unlocks. I would then click the button again, it locks my door as it should. I then click the button once, then a quickly a second time and all doors unlock. It would be 50/50.

Same issue has happened with the button on the door. Sometimes I'll press it, hear the indicator sound, but no doors will unlock. I repeat the process again and the doors will then unlock. Typically now I just jump in the car first and hit the unlock button on the door panel.

I have never had it do the reverse, where my door is locked and all other doors are unlocked.

I'll see if I can get any info from the dealer. I wonder if more LWB are having the issue than what Hyundai indicated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My LWB was produced Jan 29th 2013. They could not reproduce the repeaded failure of the doors to unlock today, but agreed that i likely have a door lock actuator going out. i mentioned this SB but they said my VIN was not affected, even though symptoms are similar. They said if it keeps locking me out to bring it in when i can't get a door open. i asked how i was supposed to do that if the door locks won't release for me to get in short of climbing through rear hatch. Service rep didn't seem to like that idea but didn't have anything to say.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
My LWB was produced Jan 29th 2013. They could not reproduce the repeaded failure of the doors to unlock today, but agreed that i likely have a door lock actuator going out. i mentioned this SB but they said my VIN was not affected, even though symptoms are similar. They said if it keeps locking me out to bring it in when i can't get a door open. i asked how i was supposed to do that if the door locks won't release for me to get in short of climbing through rear hatch. Service rep didn't seem to like that idea but didn't have anything to say.
Tell them to call their FSE, and call DPSM.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Our LWB was made July 8, 2013 so it appears to be affected. When I mentioned this to my wife (it's her car) she acknowledged having fairly frequent trouble with the door locks which she had never told me about. She was just chalking it up to yet another quirk. I have to admit, there is some apprehension in having it done and it triggering something else, as others on the SFS side of this forum have stated.:confused:

·
Registered
427 Posts
So far it looks like this applies to the US models only.
Per the local Canadian Hyundai dealership!
Enjoy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts