Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyundai released recall over weekend to update TCM software..

Had to update our (3) GDS here to get programs in the files this morning.. we gots a slew of cars on the lot.

Had customer car this morning for the steering inspect/program, not called out on WEBDCS yet for the TCM program, but when checked with GDS on te car, it was available..

Program #211 -- YFA TCM UPDATE

·
Registered
281 Posts
What's wrong with the current Transmission Control Module software? Is this a full recall, or a TSB? Which vehicles does this affect (all 2011 Sonatas, ones produced before a certain date, etc...)? This should be, what, a 30min - 1hr flash?

Thanks,

James

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (theprodigy79 @ Nov 1 2010, 01:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367956
What's wrong with the current Transmission Control Module software? Is this a full recall, or a TSB? Which vehicles does this affect (all 2011 Sonatas, ones produced before a certain date, etc...)? This should be, what, a 30min - 1hr flash?

Thanks,

James
I found the Technical Service Bulletin here (see attached pdf)

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
The recall potentially affects up to 5,000 vehicles, though only 1,300 of those are currently in customers' hands. The defect relates to the front interior door locks, which are designed so that when the interior door levers are pulled with the lock activated, it is automatically deactivated, allowing the door to open. The defect occurs in some units when the lock is held down while the door lever is being pulled - possible on an accidental basis with a gloved hand, for example. This results in the door latch sticking in the open position, which makes securing the door in the closed position impossible. In some cases, fiddling with the lock and door lever will reset the mechanism.

I haven't noticed this problem on my SE. Must be a more recent thing, if its only 1300 vehicles.

·
Registered
111 Posts
QUOTE (ijoe @ Nov 1 2010, 02:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367984
The recall potentially affects up to 5,000 vehicles, though only 1,300 of those are currently in customers' hands. The defect relates to the front interior door locks, which are designed so that when the interior door levers are pulled with the lock activated, it is automatically deactivated, allowing the door to open. The defect occurs in some units when the lock is held down while the door lever is being pulled - possible on an accidental basis with a gloved hand, for example. This results in the door latch sticking in the open position, which makes securing the door in the closed position impossible. In some cases, fiddling with the lock and door lever will reset the mechanism.

I haven't noticed this problem on my SE. Must be a more recent thing, if its only 1300 vehicles.
quoted, but for the lazy ------> It fixey door not close issue for some recent AutoMoVehicular 2011 Sonatas

·
Registered
172 Posts
QUOTE (mrod305 @ Nov 1 2010, 12:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367963
I found the Technical Service Bulletin here (see attached pdf)
The TSB is not a population wide recall. It applies to "Dealer Stock Only." It would be interesting to know what and why they are doing this on dealer lot new Sonatas, Interesting. :)

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (hancydan @ Nov 2 2010, 06:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368453
The TSB is not a population wide recall. It applies to "Dealer Stock Only." It would be interesting to know what and why they are doing this on dealer lot new Sonatas, Interesting. :)

RIF ---

-- 1 -- IMPORTANT: DEALERS MUST PERFORM THIS CAMPAIGN ON ALL AFFECTED VEHICLES PRIOR TO CUSTOMER RETAIL DELIVERY.

-- 2 -- IMPORTANT: WHEN A VEHICLE ARRIVES AT THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT, ACCESS HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA’S “WARRANTY VEHICLE INFORMATION” SCREEN VIA WEBDCS TO IDENTIFY OPEN CAMPAIGNS.

I had customer car, ran ECU UPGRADE search for A/T....... up pops up program #211..... not called out on WEBDCS yet on first day.. but I did install the upgrade to fellas car anyway.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It says on the bulletin "Production date range: December 10, 2009 through September 23, 2010". I am waiting to hear back from my dealer if this is another trip to have something fixed or if i can wait until my next oil change.

Bought mine the end of July and it was manufactured in January so I am right in there. My last oil change was before this was released so I suppose ..........................

EDIT-

Just got a call from the dealer and he said they did it last time I had it in. He said Hyundai was a little slow releasing the bulletin so they were ahead of the game. Yay My Dealer :grin:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (cowpiezzzz @ Nov 3 2010, 04:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368718
EDIT-

Just got a call from the dealer and he said they did it last time I had it in. He said Hyundai was a little slow releasing the bulletin so they were ahead of the game. Yay My Dealer :grin:
Your dealer is full of S%#T... TCM program came into the GDS Monday as part of the 1.09.11 contents and 1.83 VCI update.... NO WAY your dealer had #211, #212, #213 ECU UPGRADES on their GDS before Monday Nov 1...

They may have done the 097 MDPS update, that program came out couple week ago, so they may have done your steering recall... but to tell you they did the TCM last visit is PURE BS.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well ................ that's interesting. Yes, I had the steering done two weeks ago and he said that's when they did the other one too. Guess i will have to ask again when i am down there face to face.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts