Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I never received a notice but when I scheduled an appt for intake cleaning it told me there was a recall. They just placed the fuse on mine.

·
Registered
2018 Tucson Limted/Ultimate 1.6T
15 Posts
I just had my 42k service yesterday and I was fortunate to have the recall taken care of. My paperwork shows that:

"ABS Fuse Kit Install Only (21-01-010H) Cause: Performed open campaign 01D072R0 HECU Fuse Wiring Rework 91KIT-D330A-QQH wiring kit."

So the whole 42k service: spark plugs, oil, tire rotation, alignment, inspections, etc., along with the recall, took just less than 3 hours. It was pretty much a non-event. (It was a slow morning at the dealer due to snow.) The dealer said they had "an extra repair kit so they took care of me." So maybe those repair kits are making their way around to the dealerships now?

·
Registered
565 Posts
My dealer did the recall on Monday. The only other thing I asked them to replace the wiper blades. I was in and out in less than 100 minutes.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Tuscon
2 Posts
Has anyone had this latest recall done on their Tucson's yet ?

We received our notice from Hyundai today. Hyundai says: the hydraulic electronic control unit (HECU) could corrode.
Hyundai will install a fuse kit onto the ABS module and update the ABS/ESC software.
I cannot get this recall imstalled by my dealer because they say they cannot get the part for the recall. This has been going on for 3 months!
I suspect that Hyundai has held up the part because there is class action lawsuit that says the part does not totally fix the problem and fires can still occur.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A new fuse style has been shipped to dealerships to more easily replace the ABS fuse. Previously the fuse box had to be removed wires cut and this new fuse ends all of that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had this latest recall done on their Tucson's yet ?

We received our notice from Hyundai today. Hyundai says: the hydraulic electronic control unit (HECU) could corrode.
Hyundai will install a fuse kit onto the ABS module and update the ABS/ESC software.
I was wondering the same thing. I recently tried but no Hyundai dealership will honor the recall. They keep telling me they don’t have the parts for it.

after all the issues I had this their junky Veloster and now the Tucson I got to replace it, I’m done with Hyundai forever. Personally, I think companies like this who keep ripping people off should be completely ripped out of the market and shouldn’t be allowed to do business anymore.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Tuscon
2 Posts
So what is Hyundai going to do for those people who already have had the 0195 recall parts installed by a dealer. Is there going to be a 2nd recall to install these 'additional parts'?

·
Registered
2018 Tucson SE,
36 Posts
I brought my ‘18 Tucson in for an oil change this past week and they also took care of the recall.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got this too and didn't read into it much but had the same immediate concern. If ABS is faulty why would you just add a fuse. Based on the above this looks like their permanent fix on new cars as of Nov 2020. Tells me that a new ABS is out of the question because one doesn't exist yet.

Will call my dealer this week for info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the recall work completed last week. When I called to make the appointment they advised that a part had to be ordered. They called me back within 48 hours and took it to the dealership the next day. Took 1.5 hours.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Received the notice yesterday.
Scheduled an appointment for this coming Friday.
The service rep said it will take 2.5-3 hours for the work to be done.
Just had our 17 done with this Fuse thing. Took under a hour to perform.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had concerns early on about the fuse being a band-aid and not fixing the problem... I have yet to see any statement from Hyundai that tells us if this is a 100% fix or just all they can do since they don't have any non-faulty ABS modules. I saw a statement above that there is a class action on this now? Anyone have any details? I think there was one for other Hyundai vehicles but did not see one for Tucson yet.

I am also now concerned about the first fuse and wires being cut and spliced... and the new one being less invasive. I had mine done a couple months ago... and guess I got the chop job.

I am still trying to get my final DCT class action payment... and I guess I will have to waste more time trying to get a non-faulty ABS now on my nice new Tucson.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi..

So I went for the recall yesterday. The parts were originally out-of-stock and they didn't have any 2 weeks ago.

I must have had the 'new' fuse version, because it didn't look like the battery or main harness connector were disturbed. Same layer of dust with no fingerprints!

I have a 2016, so they used the 91KIT-D330AQQH kit. And I didn;t get an ECU update.

I took a quick look at the fuse box..and I thought they only removed 1 of the 40A fuses and had put in only 1 new fuse, off to the side?? I plan to look again, but this was different than the old cut/paste instructions.

Does anyone know exactly what the updated fuse parts do? Or how the new procedure is supposed to be done? And what it is supposed to look like after it is completed? i couldn't find any of that in the TSBs. They only have the cut/paste version.

Thx...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Update:

So I went and looked more carefully..

Yes, there were two fuses added, both 30 amps, since this is a 2016 with an earlier HECU.

The 40 A old fuses also look like they are still in place. The TSB never says to take them out.

But I still can't see any evidence of taking the fuse box actually out to cut any wires or do anything! There is still dirt and slight corrosion around bolts, etc. Looks entirely undisturbed.

So I am confused how they actually did the work???

If anybody knows, I would greatly appreciate an explanation.

Thx.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts