Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum. I am replacing the rear brake rotor and pad on my 09 Santa Fe 2WD 2.7L. I tried removing the rotors using hammer and 8*1.25 bolts for hours but couldn't get off. I can see the rotor is not stuck to the hud, however the brake shoes are stuck to the rotor. Unfortunately, there is no place to adjust the star thing on this rotor to loosen the brake shoes. I don't want to just hammer off the rotor because I feel the brake shoes will be off with the rotor. Any idea of how I can release the shoes and get the rotor off? Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, what WD-50 said. I also have an '09 FWD Santa Fe, and I had to do this a week ago. There is a plug on the face of the rotor that will give you access to the star adjuster for the brake shoes.

Hopefully you have more luck that I did....my adjuster was broken and my only option to remove the rotors (after trying unsuccessfully to thread in bolts to those 2 holes where the screws were) was to pry off the rotor and destroy the handbrake shoe hardware in the process.

Hope you have better results!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
They are hard to loosen finding the adjuster gear takes time as its off from the bottom 6 o clock left or right 1-2 inches. I don't remember. Also the ebrake pads can rip off from rust in there as I had happen to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.