1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
171 Posts
You can do this 2 ways. Go buy a new rear blade from the dealer and pay way to much OR go to autozone and buy a wiper the same length. Take the old rubber insert out and take apart the new blade and insert the new rubber in the old factory blade holder. I've done a ton of these at my shop becasue half of my customers don't want to pay $30 for a rear wiper blade :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can do this 2 ways. Go buy a new rear blade from the dealer and pay way to much OR go to autozone and buy a wiper the same length. Take the old rubber insert out and take apart the new blade and insert the new rubber in the old factory blade holder. I've done a ton of these at my shop becasue half of my customers don't want to pay $30 for a rear wiper blade :)
Thanks for the good info, I'll see what I can do tonight.

Any suggestions on wiper brands seeing as I'd assume we can use a frameless (such as Rain-x or Bosch blade)?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Have you checked the Hyundai parts dept.? My Accent has the same thing, the one piece frame / wiper blade. It was only $14.00, Auto Zone wanted $19.00. Still a bit of a rip, but no need to try and rebuild one. Cheers.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can't use the frameless because your taking out the rubber only. Get the framed wiper blade and take it apart :)
Perfect, I'll see what I can pick up at the automotive store this evening.

Do you happen to know how its removed? I just ran outside to take a quick look. Do you unclip the frame from the rubber place, or just slightly bend the tip and slide it out? (*cough* thats what she said haha)

·
Registered
759 Posts
All you need is a new blade itself, not the whole "arm".
Here is a video of a rear blade change that has the same system as our SFS's.

You should be able to just buy this one piece, if not, buy a cheaper wiper blade that includes the arm, then pull it apart.
2 min job...

Get this blade - pull out the rubber blade - re-install it.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/certified-conventional-wiper-blade-0210800p.html

·
Registered
759 Posts
The dealer wants $18.27 for the blade. You can't buy that wiper blade anywhere but the dealer.
Let me guess... the dealer is the one telling you that you can't get it anywhere else?! :wink2:

See above.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All you need is a new blade itself, not the whole "arm".
Here is a video of a rear blade change that has the same system as our SFS's.

How to Install Rear Wiper Inserts - YouTube

You should be able to just buy this one piece, if not, buy a cheaper wiper blade that includes the arm, then pull it apart.
2 min job...

Get this blade - pull out the rubber blade - re-install it.
Certified Conventional Wiper Blade | Canadian Tire

MIND = BLOWN!

I was not expecting it to be as elaborate to change the blade as that video shows hahaha You are a God among men for sharing that with me.

Will be visiting le local Crappy Tire to pick those blades up after work.

Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Let me guess... the dealer is the one telling you that you can't get it anywhere else?! :wink2:

See above.
No the dealer is not telling me that since I run a mechanic shop. bennett auto supply had blade refills if you can take it apart as shown in the video on a TOYOTA MATRIX! ^_^

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any idea of what length "cheap" blade I should get that is not canadian tire? I have a 2014 Santa Fe and there is literally nothing but this thread that is helpful. I just need to buy one the right rubber length and take it apart like mentioned.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you can't find the exact length blade, buy any size and cut it down the correct size with a pair of scissors or razor blade.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
It was a pain finding the rear wiper blade for my last two vehicles, always had to order online. Rockauto lists the denso 1605512 as a fit for rear 2014 Santa Fe, $6.78 + shipping

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Aftermarket Rear Wiper Now Available

Thought I'd put a cap on this conversation. No need to "MacGiver" the rear wiper replacement on 2013-2017 Santa Fe's anymore - Trico literally just introduced the 12-K which is a factory replacement for the rear and snaps right on - boom. It also fits 09-12 Elantra, 10-15 Tuscon (its also the rear wiper blade for Kia Sorento, Sportage & Sedona of similar years). Here's a link: Trico 12 K 12" Rear Wiper Blade for Roc Lock 4 Rear Arm SUV Wagon Crossover 12K | eBay

Godspeed

1 - 20 of 27 Posts