Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 2011 Sonata tinted recently, I noticed when driving at night and looking through the rear view mirror, the rear windshield gives double vision of the headlights of the cars behind me. Each defroster line has a reflection of the headlight...so I see 2 "columns" of light for each car behind me. Does anyone have that night vision problem after tinting? I contacted my installer, and he said that's because the Sonata rear windshield is steeper than other car. And that even with the film removed, it'll still have double vision. I could not remember if it was really that way before the tinting.

·
Registered
57 Posts
QUOTE (Yukyi @ Aug 27 2010, 08:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352439
I had my 2011 Sonata tinted recently, I noticed when driving at night and looking through the rear view mirror, the rear windshield gives double vision of the headlights of the cars behind me. Each defroster line has a reflection of the headlight...so I see 2 "columns" of light for each car behind me. Does anyone have that night vision problem after tinting? I contacted my installer, and he said that's because the Sonata rear windshield is steeper than other car. And that even with the film removed, it'll still have double vision. I could not remember if it was really that way before the tinting.
I know when I got mine tinted the first few days it was like that and after it fully dried it went back to normal. Trying pressing all the air out from around the defrosters that is what I did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see. But it's been almost 4 weeks now so I'm sure it's dried. I'll try pressing down on the defrosters. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts