Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rear windscreen washer has stopped working - and instead started squiring water on front windscreen when operated!!!

Anyone know the fix for this before I start meddling...?

·
Registered
190 Posts
QUOTE (stupet11 @ Dec 7 2010, 05:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=377645
Rear windscreen washer has stopped working - and instead started squiring water on front windscreen when operated!!!

Anyone know the fix for this before I start meddling...?

Take it to you dealer and have it replaced under warranty. The 2 way valve is seized..

A quick fix would be to swap the two water pipes at the pump so at least the water will clean the windscreen. Its located on the bottom of the washer bottle on the OSF

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Master_Tech @ Dec 7 2010, 05:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=377722
Take it to you dealer and have it replaced under warranty. The 2 way valve is seized..

A quick fix would be to swap the two water pipes at the pump so at least the water will clean the windscreen. Its located on the bottom of the washer bottle on the OSF

Hope it is seized - if it's blocked, they are gonna charge me £78 to unblock it! Time for big bro and is AA van to visit me!

Water pump is hard to get to, as are pipes, and if there is a block somewhere in the pipe, I won't know (until I get a bill!). I wouldn't mind paying £20-£30...but £78 is a bit much.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: rear washer has started working again off it's own accord!

I'd avoid taking to a dealer unless you are 100% sure it is the motor that has seized, and therefore fixable under warranty, as otherwise you could get stung for a bill to unblock a pipe.

I reckon mine had ice somewhere in the pipe - is all I can think it was. Possibly a motor malfunction - will wait till and see ehat happens...

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE (stupet11 @ Dec 9 2010, 09:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378189
I reckon mine had ice somewhere in the pipe - is all I can think it was. Possibly a motor malfunction - will wait till and see ehat happens...
With the temperatures we have been having, the concentration of pre-mixed defroster is not high enough, it needs almost 100% concentrate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts