Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my opinion it takes a really long time for my defroster to clear the rear window. I feel like 20 minutes on average seems ridiculous. Does everyone else's take just as long; is this just how it is? I feel like my Jeep clears up the rear window in much less time than that...

Either way i just wanted to know what everyone thought.

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rear Defroster

Here in Fairbanks, we have been as low as 23F already, and my back windshield cleared up within just a few miles. Not sure why yours is taking 20 minutes to do that trick.

Was the frost on your windshield super thick?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really.. i mean here in Chicago, we have had low to upper 20s all last week in the AM. It probably has had about as much of a thin layer of frost as your sonata has had.

All my windows are tinted now, but I highly doubt that is an issue. It seemed to take forever last winter when they were not tinted.

·
Registered
660 Posts
My mirrors clear up quickly but the rear window takes some time but I attribute that to all of the moisture that we have down here. We don't have things as cold as the rest of you up north (supposed to be back into mid to upper 80s later this week) and for us it's usually a lot of condensation on the glass as the moist air cools. I can see that the area around the wires start to clear but the rear window usually takes about 10 min or so to clear up so that I can see what is behind me.

Chuck

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also second... or third this. I'm in the great white north country and find the rear takes a long time to defrost/clear up, in the range of 10-20 minutes when I find on most cars it takes a few minutes.

And this is just morning dew/fog, not even snow yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts