Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all,

I need to change the rear wheel hub on my ’11 GLS, and have this link describing steps to do it.

My question is – is it necessary to remove the entire knuckle assembly? Once I remove the brake caliper, disk and wheel sensor (6), can’t I just then unscrew the hub assembly from the knuckle (11) while the knuckle stays attached? I've seen R&R videos of other models where the main assembly stays in place.

Thanks for any guidance.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
The only thing that is a total PITA is getting the suspension arm back-on. Aligning it to put the bolt back. That's to get access to the lower mounting bolt of the caliper. I did it without a hitch and then I saw a mechanic struggle for a long time with it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Haven't done >'11, but take a look at the position of the nuts as they are probably
obscured by where the various arms are attached. If you have another jack, occasionally that can be used along with a drift to align the parts.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
You can get at all hub mounting bolts...but the engineers made access to the lower caliper bracket bolt way worse than on other cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts