Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheel bearing started to heat-up to the point I could smell the tire or sealant! No wobble or noise and spins well...I ordered one from Amazon. :crying:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
At least, from what I have read, the rear is easier to replace than the front :)

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Wheel bearing started to heat-up to the point I could smell the tire or sealant! No wobble or noise and spins well...I ordered one from Amazon. :crying:
Are you sure the heat is coming from the bearing?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Yes! :evil: I only wish it was the brakes!

I don't know what rear hubs are for your car. For my Accent they're ~$130. After what I went through with the fronts, if I have to do the rears, I'm just buying the whole assy! :eek:

Remember the goodle days, when you took the wheel off, removed the dust cap, and fished the bearings out? ;)

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I have an IR thermometer that's great for pinpointing heat sources. Maybe have your mechanic check when you drive in. If you are a customer he should do it for free. Takes less than a minute and I don't know any mechanic that don't have the tool.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I didn't follow-up...it wasn't a fun job doing it on the ground without a proper lift. The brakes are not as bad as they said, getting the link out-of-the-way is pretty easy. Possibly, when the brakes were done previously...they reversed the bolt so you didn't have to drive it passed the shock.
The sucky thing is the 4 bolts for the bearing go through the back and they're recessed into the casting. This car is also from the "rust belt" so that didn't help either. :wallbash:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are the pads wearing evenly? common prob up here, is rear pads sticking in calipers due to rust .
You are correct, fairly new pads and the inside one was uneven! :evil:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts