Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Looking to all my shadetree mechanic friends for some advice before taking this one on. I have an issue with a rear wheel bearing on my 06 Tucson 2.7L 4WD GLS. Not too fond of dishing out 2k to some mechanic for a $60 part and a few hours of my time so I am posting here in hopes that there are a few other folks out there who might have taken this one on in the past. I am receiving conflicting reports as to the required steps to replace the wheel bearings. Some say a press is needed, some say it isn't some say it removes easily, some say it isn't. Some say 32mm socket, some say 34mm socket LOL so I am here asking if anyone has done this job themselves and if so, do you have any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Auto Zone does show a hub assembly for $29...so it sounds doable!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auto Zone does show a hub assembly for $29...so it sounds doable!
Yah, in Canada the price is about 3 x as much, so that's why I put $60 LOL, the kit is 49.99 from Canadian Tire and 54.99 from rockauto....the question is moreso what steps are needed, are there any gotchas I should be aware of, and what the size of the locknut is on the hub...

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
If you've done a front wheel...it should almost be the same. Could you measure the nut?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts