Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and relatively new to the world of Hyundai i10. My 2014 plate, UK registered car has recently decided that the rear washer will no longer wash. The wiper is wiping, but no water. I've attempted (rather clumsily) to poke about with a pin in case there was anything blocking it, and the pipe inside the boot lid appears to be ok and intact, but that is where my extremely limited expertise stops. Any advice would be very gratefully received. Thanks a million, Tracy :smile:

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,308 Posts
Hello Tracy, welcome to the forum 00000732

When you try to wash the rear screen do you hear the electric pump running?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Autospark,

Thanks for the reply. I do hear the motor running and there was the tiniest trickle of water and then nothing else other than the wiper moving as normal. I hope it can be fixed and itn's too costly - let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks a million
Tracy :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Possibly using a pin may have done more harm than good. If you pull the pipe connector off over the hatch and try it you can see if the water is flowing properly. If it is I would remove the combined stop lamp/ washer unit and try blowing through it to remove what could be a very small obstruction.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that - I'll have a look at it this weekend and may well get my OH to also follow your guidance as he is far more car minded than me. Much appreciated and hope I haven't completely messed it up with my delicate pin based probing.

BW
T :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
There should be a little non return valve in the line as well sometimes they fail and need to be replaced. If so it's a few pounds to buy one. In a nutshell it's like a valve in a leg vein it stops the fluid running back down to the container.

Reactions: Tracijbc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was this ever resolved? Was the lamp case broken and the jet dislodged? See my latest post on the subject.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts