Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2011 2.0t with a standard rear view mirror. I was wondering if I could install a factory auto dimming mirror. If so how could I wire that up. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
If I remember correctly, you have to remove the sunglasses holder and splice a wire. Mine had a sunroof and used one of the wires from that.
Not hard to do.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I remember correctly, you have to remove the sunglasses holder and splice a wire. Mine had a sunroof and used one of the wires from that.
Not hard to do.
Okay. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
On the LF they are plug and play, no splicing needed. For the YF the mirror I bought new off ebay as i recall was less than $65 and had an extra jumper wire in the kit that would have been used to splice into power at the mirror mount for YF install and plug and play for the LF. it was the same mirror that Hyundai lists in their accessory catalog or on the website for $ 295
(Auto-dimming mirror with HomeLink® and compass
$295
HomeLink is an integrated transceiver that can be programmed to activate radio frequency devices such as garage doors, estate/community gates, home/office lighting and security systems.)

This was what I purchased

On my LF it was a 10 minute job, even if you had to do a splice it would be a 2 or 3 out of 10 scale difficulty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts