Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2010 Santa Fe that came with a auto dimming/compass rear view mirror. I wanted homelink buttons so I purchased a used one but it had a different windshield mount. After some research I discovered the mirror that came on the SF was an 2006 model. I then purchased a 2006 mirror with homelink (Gentex 015616 and it will mount on the windshield perfect but of course the wiring harness is different.

The harness from the SF has a three prong harness and the mirror i want to install has a four prong harness (orange, yellow, green and white wires.)

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I purchased a 2010 Santa Fe that came with a auto dimming/compass rear view mirror. I wanted homelink buttons so I purchased a used one but it had a different windshield mount. After some research I discovered the mirror that came on the SF was an 2006 model. I then purchased a 2006 mirror with homelink (Gentex 015616 and it will mount on the windshield perfect but of course the wiring harness is different.

The harness from the SF has a three prong harness and the mirror i want to install has a four prong harness (orange, yellow, green and white wires.)

Any suggestions?
For the auto dimming/compass rear view mirror(Electro Chromic Mirror), it has a 3 wire connector: +12V power, ground, reverse signal, for the Gentex mirror, there are 4 wires at the connector: +12v power, ground, reverse signal, memory power(constant power) for the home link. Check the attached diagrams for detail.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts