Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m assuming that the amber rear turn signal lamps (that sit too low on the rear bumper) are the only rear turn signals. ??? What a terrible, unsafe, position IMHO. Drivers are pretty used to watching turn signals doing their thing very close to the brake and taillight assembly.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I’m assuming that the amber rear turn signal lamps (that sit too low on the rear bumper) are the only rear turn signals. ??? What a terrible, unsafe, position IMHO. Drivers are pretty used to watching turn signals doing their thing very close to the brake and taillight assembly.
Do they blink with the turn signals on? How about the fog lamps?

·
Registered
13,349 Posts

I actually like it. Makes it stand out from the brake lights. KIA has been doing this for a couple years; real easy to see.

What's worse is turn signals in the middle of the headlights. I added turn signals into the front bumper of my Scion so they could be seen.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I actually like it. Makes it stand out from the brake lights. KIA has been doing this for a couple years; real easy to see.

What's worse is turn signals in the middle of the headlights. I added turn signals into the front bumper of my Scion so they could be seen.

Agree with the above, integrated or not, to me being behind cars with it in the bumper made it stand out a lot more. Some of the newer cars today that have it integrated within the brakes(let alone the same color as the brake lights) felt more unsafe. Not a big deal though. Just have to pay attention. What i feel is more unsafe is watching the people that drive behind me constantly looking down at their phones and not at the car in front of them. :-/

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
782 Posts

It's like the new Kia's. Personally I don't think it's a great idea, but time will tell if they move it in the next model year.

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
Agree with the above, integrated or not, to me being behind cars with it in the bumper made it stand out a lot more. Some of the newer cars today that have it integrated within the brakes(let alone the same color as the brake lights) felt more unsafe. Not a big deal though. Just have to pay attention. What i feel is more unsafe is watching the people that drive behind me constantly looking down at their phones and not at the car in front of them. :-/
It's like the new Kia's. Personally I don't think it's a great idea, but time will tell if they move it in the next model year.

You guys old enough to remember when front turn signals were in or below the bumper? Whoever came up with the idea to integrate them into the headlights should be hung, then shot, and then have his design degree voided. I see that is coming back now, too.

·
Registered
73 Posts

You guys old enough to remember when front turn signals were in or below the bumper? Whoever came up with the idea to integrate them into the headlights should be hung, then shot, and then have his design degree voided. I see that is coming back now, too.

Man, looking an extra what, 5 degrees down with you eye balls, not even is deemed dangerous or bad? You're saying people aren't going to notice a blinking light? This world today is truly something, lol! I guess all the accidents I see on the side of the road have the turn signals in the bumper too! Hahaha

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When driving in bumper-to-bumper traffic, the guy behind you often cannot see your rear bumper well because he’s up your ash. That’s why I feel the low location of the turn signals is dangerous.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm old enough to remember when cars had little yellow arms that flicked out from the center door pillar.

Thanks for making me feel young for a change. :smile:

We had an old farm truck when I was growing up that didn't have turn signals. It had a window that rolled down and I had a left arm that could signal 'left' or 'right', however. There was the double-clutching too...

·
Registered
73 Posts
If the guy is in bumper to bumper traffic and signals out, how is it dangerous if you're going 1 mph in bumper to bumper traffic?

Either way, do people still use the turn signal? I feel like 9 out of 10 cars i see don't use them anymore. Do they still make cars with turn signals? :)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the brake lights are more important to be seen.
Odd comment. Why would turn signals be less important?

·
Registered
223 Posts
To me it didn't seem odd. I rather know when a car is stopping than turning.
I have been driving for almost 60 years, so that is my feeling.
That seemed like an insult PMCErnie.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To me it didn't seem odd. I rather know when a car is stopping than turning.
I have been driving for almost 60 years, so that is my feeling.
That seemed like an insult PMCErnie.
Funny, I’d like to know stopping and turning equally well. Why would anybody settle for less?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts