Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find one? Has anyone upgraded theirs? 16mm seems awful thin for a car as big/heavy as the Sonata. My Elantra has the Tiburon 19mm sway bar on it. It made a huge difference in handling! (FTW)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
QUOTE (jayupark @ Jun 11 2010, 08:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332193
Does anyone know where I can find one? Has anyone upgraded theirs? 16mm seems awful thin for a car as big/heavy as the Sonata. My Elantra has the Tiburon 19mm sway bar on it. It made a huge difference in handling! (FTW)
Maybe overseas. You can "upgrade" to the SE sway bars. I believe they are either 17 or 18mm.

·
Registered
18 Posts
According to www.hyundaiaccessorystore.com the GLS and Limited stock Front Sway Bar measures 26 mm and the Rear Sway Bar measures 16 mm. It also states that the SE Front Sway Bar measures 27 mm and the Rear Sway Bar measures 17 mm.

I am considering using the SE sway bars on a GLS but I am not sure if there is that much gain to be had with 1 mm on each end. Do you think that new springs and shocks would bring the GLS up to SE standards? I want the car to be more confident in corning in the mountains but I DO NOT want a harsh ride. What springs and shocks are recommended for a slight lowering of the vehicle to obtain better cornering?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts