Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what normally would go in here or have suggestions for something useful?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is usually some reason bins are created in a specific shape and size, thinking there was a concept of what this could hold when they made it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD Stormy Sea
264 Posts
If you have a Santa Fe in a market where they are 3 row vehicles this cubby may be missing due to rear seat climate control components.
This is a photo from inside an Australian Santa Fe and you can see no cubby. Unless something is backwards in those models.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
835 Posts
I wish it is large enough to hold a jug of windshield fluid. Maybe smaller jug outside of North America :unsure:. Indirect use...jug next to the bin, wrap a short bungee cord on the jug and rest the 2 hooks on the bin edge. For added security, use another bungee cord on the jug handle and the top cargo nest holder. The bottom cord should not be too loose around the jug.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
422 Posts
I wish it is large enough to hold a jug of windshield fluid. Maybe smaller jug outside of North America :unsure:. Indirect use...jug next to the bin, wrap a short bungee cord on the jug and rest the 2 hooks on the bin edge. For added security, use another bungee cord on the jug handle and the top cargo nest holder. The bottom cord should not be too loose around the jug.
It's not. I tried lol.
I usually use this compartment for miscellaneous stuff temporarily. For the most part it's empty....because everything is in the under floor storage or my trunk organizer.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
835 Posts
Don't u hear rattle from the solid objects in that bin? I put a plastic storage tote in the back to store the snow brush and ice scraper so they don't slide around in the big trunk. The squeaky and rattle interrupt the music. In the summer, the cargo is empty, no more noise. I don't have a solution yet, unlike a sedan where the trunk is separated to minimize the noise.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't u hear rattle from the solid objects in that bin? I put a plastic storage tote in the back to store the snow brush and ice scraper so they don't slide around in the big trunk. The squeaky and rattle interrupt the music. In the summer, the cargo is empty, no more noise. I don't have a solution yet, unlike a sedan where the trunk is separated to minimize the noise.
Hand Sanitizer and masks!

Reactions: Boothby171

·
Registered
19 SF Limited AWD 2.4
315 Posts
First aid kit w/bandaids, smaller, from drug store. small mosquito spray & sun screen (summer only, going into house now with 28 deg forecast low tonight golf is over :cry:. I use the front left/driver side underneath storage left of tire jack stuff for other fairly quick access things like an extra hat, duck tape, bungee cords. The middle 3 section storage IS HUGE, where the 3rd seat goes in Far East markets, but hard to access the the rubber backed rear cover (I don't even remember what I put in there but it's a great secure spot if worried about cameras and other stuff if out hiking).

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
First aid kit w/bandaids, smaller, from drug store. small mosquito spray & sun screen (summer only, going into house now with 28 deg forecast low tonight golf is over :cry:. I use the front left/driver side underneath storage left of tire jack stuff for other fairly quick access things like an extra hat, duck tape, bungee cords. The middle 3 section storage IS HUGE, where the 3rd seat goes in Far East markets, but hard to access the the rubber backed rear cover (I don't even remember what I put in there but it's a great secure spot if worried about cameras and other stuff if out hiking).
Rubber backed rear cover?

·
Registered
19 SF Limited AWD 2.4
315 Posts
Rubber backed rear cover?
Sorry I wasn't more specific, this is the Hyundai brand rear MAT covering the hatch floor with carpet on one side and rubberized compound plus slightly lifted edges to at least keep a cup of liquid, plant mud etc inside the mat. I'm sure Weathertech offers one as a better deal but our SF (2 years old Weds) came with it and my wife thought it was great for hauling plants and backyard messy stuff. What's not as good is it blocks the larger three hidden storage areas. We also got the upper privacy shade to cover contents (learned that lesson years ago when our Jeep was broken into and cops said it was only because they could still see items through the dark tinted glass). The shade and mats always came in the base price of our Jeep GCs but not true these days for most SUVs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts