Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Terracan 2.9CRD 2005
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just spent the weekend checking the rear underside of my 2005 Terracan 2.9 diesel. Now I knew there was some corrosion, rear bumper crash support to be replace and some treatment to lots of surface rust. However what I have found deeper in scares me!

The upper brackets of the rear springs, which are welded onto a circular cross member, are cracked like ****. How it got through an mot in October last year I'll never know. The circular cross member is also cracked at both ends where it's welded onto the ladder frame. I wouldn't have said this was road worthy.

Can this cross member be welded/repaired and can I get new spring brackets welded on to replace the shot ones?

Also, as mentioned in another post, I have what looks like a brake line coming out of the top of the rear diff, again heavily corroded. What's this for exactly and can it be replaced easily?

One more thing, I have a bit of up/down, side to side play in the rear drive axle where it enters the transfer box. Am I right in thinking there is a bearing which needs replacing?

Many thanks
Neil

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello Neil,
I answered the question about the "brake line" after your post in the other topic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts