Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an 08' Accent with the base stereo, 170 w, single CD player, I want to swap the rear speakers for somthing better, at least some decent 2-ways. How do I get to them? I have lost 2 retainer clips (droped, fell to floor, inside the panel), and started cracking the plastic of the whole panel! I don't want to destroy the car to replace speakers! Is there a diagram or sequential method of removal? Any help would be very helpfull, thanks...Joe

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
HMA service. Yes you have to unbolt everything and unscrew everything. Btw i'm your local mod and did a large car audio install on an 07. Btw the bunny thing at the top is because you didn't obey the rules. Please refrain from cussing in any way shape or form. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Jingle Bunny.....lmao......thats almost like saying "woops e daisies" lmao

Harbor Freight Tools carries a trim removal kit....it has about 5 different tools....all of which are very usefull in removing the plastic trim....their like plastic crowbars...they may help you in the future in removing your radio. I have never removed the back speakers, so I look forward to finding out.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
i took ALL the trim out behind the drivers seat just cuse things didnt fit after i took out only necessary peices... good luck and try not to break things, the pannels are spensive

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i have installed Pioneer TSA6872R 6x8" 3-Way 240 Watt Full Range Speakers and i had to completely take off the whole back of the car. a real hassle unfortunately i broke a few plastic parts in the process now it rattles more, but um good luck!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Has anyone Dremeled out the speaker grills in the rear so installation of speakers would be easier. I am SO tempted to do this!!!!

Getting to those speakers is absolutely ridiculous, I would believe it is easier to change the timing belt than the rear speakers, but I only have experience with the speakers.

Ray

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (Glock23 @ Mar 11 2009, 05:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=221755
HMA service. Yes you have to unbolt everything and unscrew everything. Btw i'm your local mod and did a large car audio install on an 07. Btw the bunny thing at the top is because you didn't obey the rules. Please refrain from cussing in any way shape or form. :)
Sorry about the cussing thing...
Joe

·
3,736 Posts
Since when is "jingle bunny" a cuss word? :laughing:

FWIW, people cuss around here frequently.  This board has a profanity filter but it doesn't really work too well. If I try to call myself a m0r0n it censors that out, meanwile people drop the F-bomb and it lets it pass right no through.  I'll pretend that makes sense.  :wacko:

·
Registered
8 Posts
This has gone a bit off topic..........

I swopped my speakers out with some JVC 420W 5 ways in the back, and JVC 170W 3 ways in front.

After everything was installed, and all the rear panels were back in, I realised that the magnets were pressing agains the rods that keep the boot open, causing a nasty grrrr at load volumes. I removed all panels again, and raised the speakers 5mm using hardwood. It then pressed against the cover/ panel that encloses the speakers.

Sorted the problem by removing the hardwood, and covering the rear metal article tray part with carpet (I'd advised it in any case) and then covering the parts where the metal caught other parts with felt/ carpet.

My audio sounds perfect now........

Ps, I don't know about other countries, but in SA the 2007 came out with a propper Clarion head end.

·
Registered
527 Posts
When I put my Boston Accoustics rears in ,I had to unbolt the seat ,then inserted a wide flat tipped tool in between the top piece under the window pry the lower piece outward and gently pull outward starting at the top corner by the door.There are screws in the bottom piece under the seat edge and in the upper piece under the lower panel I think.Only broke one snap retainer but only leaned panel out far enough to reach in a unbolt the speaker baskets to remove them.
Using a dremel and having nice covers would be a very viable option,but you still have to remove the old set so tolerances would be very close.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
STRANGE since I CHANGED THE TOPIC TO JINGLE BUNNY because he was cussing before that.. I made the change drop it and get back on topic please as it was meant to get his attention that he was cussing :) not racist. Heck I used to be VERY racist but never have I EVER heard of jingle bunny being used to dictate another race.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts