Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've owned our i800 from new, its now 6 years old. It has always been difficult to open the sliding doors. When it was under warranty, we complained lots, but the dealer never managed to fix the problem.

Then back in 2013 my Wife was sent flying when the door handle snapped off. I went back to the dealer, and after a lot of arguments, they replaced the handle under warranty.

Fast forward to two weeks ago, I was struggling to open one of the doors, and the handle snapped again.

I've ordered the part from South Korea, which came within the week.

I've got to spray it up, but the problem is getting the broken one off.

Has anyone had the door panels off before? My first hurdle is getting the internal handle off. Presumably it's held on with a circlip, like old fashioned window winders, but I can't see it.

Does anyone have any clues.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I managed to sort it. It was a circlip, which I removed with a duster, sliding it behind to pop off the clip. Removed handle.

Then it was relatively simple, remove a screw cover and screw. Then prise off the black coloured panel behind the internal handle. It was held in with clips.

After cutting a section of the vapour membrane, I could then remove the three holding screw bolts.

All done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts