Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They tricked me! I traded in a well worn 2015 SE for a 2020.
There is no where to place a bottle or drink anywhere in the back seat.

My 2015 had the fold down 2 cup console with the door panel storage holders.

Answer I got was customer preferences. Who says "no cupholders in back seat please!?

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
85 Posts
They tricked me! I traded in a well worn 2015 SE for a 2020.
There is no where to place a bottle or drink anywhere in the back seat.

My 2015 had the fold down 2 cup console with the door panel storage holders.

Answer I got was customer preferences. Who says "no cupholders in back seat please!?
Nobody tricked you. The SE trim doesn't have cup holders on the rear armrest. It's the customers responsibility to research the vehicle and inspect it for the features they want. Unless a sales representative told you it had cup holders or the vehicle was advertised (with the SE trim) to have cup holders, then you simply didn't do your due diligence.

I personally do a BCA (borrowed car agreement) for a few hours on any car I plan to purchase before I even begin to talk to sales or finance. I do this for two reasons:

1. The opportunity to review and inspect the car in a no pressure environment. I can make sure it has all the features I want and check to see if there are any descrimpenses that I may want to bring up with the dealer.

2. It allows me to know first hand what the car has and doesn't have as well as what it can and cannot do. Sales reps aren't all knowing beings they don't get everything right 100% of the time, and frankly, I've had plenty of them lie through their teeth to make a sale. So when they say something about the car I'll know if it's true or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is yours an SE? Was the armrest an option? If so at the very least Hyundai could have added the door panel cupholders for the back seat if the arm rest is extra. Also the rear seat organizers were also removed from the 2020.
I assumed the 2020 would be a step up interior wise not back for the same edition.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is yours an SE? Was the armrest an option? If so at the very least Hyundai could have added the door panel cupholders for the back seat if the arm rest is extra. Also the rear seat organizers were also removed from the 2020.
I assumed the 2020 would be a step up interior wise not back for the same edition.
No, mine is a Limited. But when I was at the dealership I personally inspected all trim levels so I could find the cheapest one with the features I wanted. The SE trim did not have cup holders in the rear armrest. It's not an option. You need the SEL or higher.

You can always visit the website for more information to. Here's the link: 2020 Hyundai Sonata- Features and Specs | Hyundai

Just look in the interior features section.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The SE doesn't have a rear armrest at all. No cupholders, no organizers on the front seat backs and no floor lighting.

The sub standard interior explains why I got a great deal I suppose. But then again I never bought a car
sitting in the back seats! Good one Hyundai!

I admit I was sold when I first saw the Sonata concept for 2020.
Passion over careful inspection of features got me!

·
Registered
85 Posts
The SE doesn't have a rear armrest at all. No cupholders, no organizers on the front seat backs and no floor lighting.

The sub standard interior explains why I got a great deal I suppose. But then again I never bought a car
sitting in the back seats! Good one Hyundai!

I admit I was sold when I first saw the Sonata concept for 2020.
Passion over careful inspection of features got me!
Yeah, they cut back a lot of features on the base model so they can have a low and competitive "starting at" price. Outside of the new looks, you need the Limited trim to have anything unique feature wise. Even a Nissan Sentra has the majority of the stuff the Limited has.

·
Registered
685 Posts
The SE has phenomenal features for under 24k, to make it that sub 24k price, no valet key, no rear cupholders, blind-spot monitoring, you get an Am/FM stereo with touch screen and 8-inch display USB aux jack Andriod auto and apple car play standard with 6 speakers, the accord only has 4 speakers.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
420 Posts
Also the rear seat organizers were also removed from the 2020.
If by "organizer" you mean the netting/pocket, my SEL Plus only has one, back of passenger side seat. A little weird. It doesn't really matter to me but it strikes me as odd.

Does the Limited have two? That would make it even more interesting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My 2015 had netting on the back both seats. My 2020 looks "cheap" because there's the passenger seat pouch and nothing on the drivers seat back. In essence the back seat of the 2020 SE looks unfinished and has a "Rent a Car" look.. So disappointed. Fold down cupholders an console would be a game changer with the 60/40 fold down rear seat backs.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
420 Posts
So disappointed. Fold down cupholders an console would be a game changer with the 60/40 fold down rear seat backs.
Do you use the back seats a lot?

I ask because there are a couple of things I overlooked and was disappointed about. One is kind of significant and I kick myself for missing it (hard). But my point is, if you don't use the back seats much, this feeling will fade. It doesn't solve the problem but that's been my experience with little annoyances.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts