Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
No, I did not. I am not pursuing it either, right now. I'm planning to call Hyundai about it eventually.
Okay thanks for the reply. I have seen a guy on youtube pull the trim off the door when in this situation (i.e., unable to open the door). Once he got the trim off he was able to reach behind and yank the cable to unlock the door. Didn't have to break the door or anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Tuscon 2016 both rear doors will not open. We had one but then the second one just started so my son had to climb over the seat to get out. We also have to take the car in for a recall on the brakes issue. I am hoping this is a recall issue by now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I didn't read the entire thread but gathered there was no common resolve. Whether the locks or the door it must be the actuator. Relatively common with Toyota/Lexus since forever.

It sounds like the cable may have just come loose, or the connector at the actuator. Sometimes they're plastic and easy to remove (by hand, when you're trying to). Nothing to heavy duty going on in there, to think it could have broke would not be too far of a stretch. I would hope you can get at least the top portion of the door panel cracked open but suspect not. I would call a tow truck company for advice, they must deal with this often enough.
I have read someone who cut a small hole in the panel to access recently but that seems excessive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Tuscon 2016 both rear doors will not open. We had one but then the second one just started so my son had to climb over the seat to get out. We also have to take the car in for a recall on the brakes issue. I am hoping this is a recall issue by now.
It's still not a recall in May of 2021, even though it's definitely a safety issue....

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have a 2016 Tuscon Eco
First the front passenger door stopped opening every once and a while unless you pulled it 3 times to open...
Then the back passenger doors would not open from the outside...Took it to Hyundai who said they could not replicate the issue on the front passenger door ...
But was able to offer this ridiculous offer of fix 1 door for 400$ or all doors for 800$ ... wtf?

So now one back passenger door will not open from outside or inside (driver side) and the other passenger doors do not open on the outside.

We called Hyundai corporate and they said we were outside of 60K warranty (we live in rural part of oregon so we drive a lot)...
We were not able to get a manager or anyone on the phone after they "looked into it" as they said this was the end of the line "have a good day"

Ok .. so we called the Vehicle safety hotline and they opened a claim...please do this as this needs to be recalled.
This is not normal wear and tear issue and it is a safety issue...

The issue will come back again even after repair since they are not fixing the actual issue.

Next we are opening a claim with the Department of Justice (which also will investigate same as the Vehicle Safety )

We will never purchase another Hyundai,
Unfortunate because we actually bought it for the warranty and basically have been screwed the whole time.
We were also shown how well the door feels when shutting it when we purchased it... it was a little heavier and seemed to be able to hold up to things more than a mazda did... again we should have known better.

Horrible customer service.

@DaleL
Do you know if that part works on 2016 Tuscon's?
I am having the same issue and I got on here to see what to do, this is my 4th Hyundai and the first time I am having an issue that was not a recall . I will do the same things you are doing. Thanks for the road map.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's still not a recall in May of 2021, even though it's definitely a safety issue....
Did you call the Vehicle safety hotline and they opened a claim?...please do this as this needs to be recalled.
I am having the same issue and this should be a recall. Next open a claim with the Department of Justice (which also will investigate same as the Vehicle Safety )
Enough of us make these calls it will get fixed. We all need to make the call even if you fixed it yourself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just started having the door lock issue on the front doors. I think if we all start making these calls things will have to get fixed. Even if you fixed it yourself. Please do this.
Call the Vehicle safety hotline and they opened a claim?...please do this as this needs to be recalled.
Next open a claim with the Department of Justice (which also will investigate same as the Vehicle Safety )
Enough of us make these calls it will get fixed. We all need to make the call even if you fixed it yourself.
Okay thanks for the reply. I have seen a guy on youtube pull the trim off the door when in this situation (i.e., unable to open the door). Once he got the trim off he was able to reach behind and yank the cable to unlock the door. Didn't have to break the door or anything.
I just started having the door lock issue on the front doors. I think if we all start making these calls things will have to get fixed. Even if you fixed it yourself. Please do this.
Call the Vehicle safety hotline and they opened a claim?...please do this as this needs to be recalled.
Next open a claim with the Department of Justice (which also will investigate same as the Vehicle Safety )

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
No, the locking mechanism is different on the 2016 Tuscon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I didn't read the entire thread but gathered there was no common resolve. Whether the locks or the door it must be the actuator. Relatively common with Toyota/Lexus since forever.

It sounds like the cable may have just come loose, or the connector at the actuator. Sometimes they're plastic and easy to remove (by hand, when you're trying to). Nothing to heavy duty going on in there, to think it could have broke would not be too far of a stretch. I would hope you can get at least the top portion of the door panel cracked open but suspect not. I would call a tow truck company for advice, they must deal with this often enough.
I have read someone who cut a small hole in the panel to access recently but that seems excessive.

·
Registered
7 Posts

61 - 72 of 72 Posts