Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! The door lock operates, I can hear it click and I can see it move but the door does not release. I've tried using the inside door handle to open it - still no good. Has anyone heard of this?

I've tried pushing, pulling, using the remote to open/close, use the manual lock to open/close - nothing is working. The inside handle feels like it is not connected at all. The outside handle feels like it is trying to function.

The dealer is planning to cut the door handles off both inside and outside of the car to try to figure it out and my appointment is scheduled for next Thursday. :frown:

Registered
Had a similar issue, inside handle wouldn't open the door despite child lock being off. Outside handle worked fine. But in my case that door had been damaged (by the wife) and repaired.
Dealer reconnected something and it worked for a few months, second time they just replaced the lock assembly entirely (under warranty). Been fine ever since.

Registered
Hey guys! The door lock operates, I can hear it click and I can see it move but the door does not release. I've tried using the inside door handle to open it - still no good. Has anyone heard of this?

I've tried pushing, pulling, using the remote to open/close, use the manual lock to open/close - nothing is working. The inside handle feels like it is not connected at all. The outside handle feels like it is trying to function.

The dealer is planning to cut the door handles off both inside and outside of the car to try to figure it out and my appointment is scheduled for next Thursday. :frown:
CUT THE DOOR HANDLES OFF?!?!?!

I'd try opening it with a SlimJim first, then remove the inner panel and reattach the rod that broke or came loose...;)

Registered
CUT THE DOOR HANDLES OFF?!?!?
Yeah, that sounds a bit extreme :surprise:

When I was a tech at a VW dealership we used to get cars in with this problem every other week. I've repaired quite a few of them and always managed to get them open with out causing any damage. Well, nothing visible anyway. It's quite time consuming though and on VWs (and probably newer Hyundai) the slimjim doesn't work because the lock actuator gets jammed in deadlock. The only way to get a VW open is to burst the actuator and remove all the little gears from inside.

Registered

I'm Having exact same problem with my 2017 Tucson , please share how it's been fixed.

Registered
I have 2011 Tuscan and I have same problem.

It started as infrequent, sporadic issue, with time it became inoperable.

I took it to dealer, and because I had after market auto start installed on my vehicle. It became very easy for dealer to put the blame on that.

According to Best Buy Geek Squad it has nothing to do with after market remote start, because it worked perfectly fine for 2 years, before this problem started happening.

Hyundai Tuscan has faulty door opening system which is real problem. Their power door actuator and switch are bad quality. The replacement cost is outrageous, and since it involves dealer only programming constraints it's very difficult or other service providers to repair it.

My cost to fix has already reached to $1000, and it seems there no proper solution to it.

The dealer want me to change entire computer module because the trunk door is not working.

I reached out to Hyundai customer service, since my vehicle is just under 60k mileage, but they won't do anything as it's not covered under their powertrain warranty.

Registered
Had this same problem on the rear passenger door, couldn't open it at all from inside or outside, which is a huge safety issue since I have a car seat. Dealer replaced locking mechanism under warranty and has worked since, however, now my driver side passenger door is doing the same thing. Seems like there is a problem, this shouldn't even be something that is happening.

Registered

I just experience the same issue yesterday. If anyone know how to fix this please let me know

Registered

I just experience this issue yesterday. If anyone have a solution please let me know.

Registered
It is happening to me. The rear passenger side door won鈥檛 open. I had a similar issue with the front drivers door about 8 months ago and was covered. But now, they refuse to cover it. I鈥檓 at 61k miles and they state that it is regular wear and tear. They gave me an estimated repair of 1396 (parts and labor). I have 2 small grandchildren and need to access both sides of my vehicle. My so call Platinum coverage covers the door latch regulator but not the latch or replacing the interior door panel. Hyundai is refusing to assist with the issue and the dealer also won鈥檛 help offset the cost.
Has anyone had any luck with it clearing up or am I just out 1300 dollars?

Registered
It is happening to me. The rear passenger side door won鈥檛 open. I had a similar issue with the front drivers door about 8 months ago and was covered. But now, they refuse to cover it. I鈥檓 at 61k miles and they state that it is regular wear and tear. They gave me an estimated repair of 1396 (parts and labor). I have 2 small grandchildren and need to access both sides of my vehicle. My so call Platinum coverage covers the door latch regulator but not the latch or replacing the interior door panel. Hyundai is refusing to assist with the issue and the dealer also won鈥檛 help offset the cost.
Has anyone had any luck with it clearing up or am I just out 1300 dollars?
You might have better luck if you can try a different dealer.

Registered
I have had the same issue with first the rear drivers side door (under warranty) and now 4 months later the rear passenger door (no longer under warranty). I do not believe this is normal wear and tear and there needs to be a recall. It is a safety issue that I cannot get to my back seat and child through both doors. I also do not want this happening to my front doors and be out the money yet again.

Registered
OK, that obviously is a safety issue.
It's usually a very difficult fault to fix too when the door isn't able to open. I've had to deal with that same fault many times when I was a tech with VW.

Registered
We are having the same issue with our 2017 Elantra. Door lock operates just fine but the door won鈥檛 open from the inside or outside. We haven鈥檛 fixed it, but have found that if we hit the door right underneath the handle we can get it to open. Sometimes we have to try it over and over again, but it works eventually. This is definitely a safety hazard as we have our son in the back and need to be able to get him out quickly in this Arizona heat. There definitely needs to be a recall!

Registered
This is definitely a safety hazard
You obviously don't think it's a very serious hazard or you wouldn't be driving the car until it got fixed.

Toni I said:
There definitely needs to be a recall
Why? You know the lock is faulty so why do you need Hyundai to tell you to have it repaired. Can't you just use your own initiative and take the car to the dealer. I'd imagine that would be a repair covered my the Hyundai warranty on a 2017 model.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts