Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

New to the forum since purchasing a used 2013 Santa Fe.

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone ever had this issue or knows how to help me sort this out.

After taking the car out and the missus locked the car for the night. This morning on the school run the rear passenger side door won't unlock while the other 3 doors can be unlocked with the key fob. She tried unlocking it manually from the inside but it seems to be jammed.

After coming home from work I checked it out and it looks like the central locking actuator is not getting the electrical signal to unlock. I tried locking and unlocking the car from the inside with the switch and key fob to no avail. Even try to force the lock to unlock but it won't budge one bit. It's a bit of a pain considering that we just purchased this vehicle 3 weeks ago.

So is there a way I can reset the central locking? If not can I get this issue sorted under warranty? It's still under warranty until Sep this year.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
Would see if it is covered under the warranty
If not then it would require taking off the door panel and inspecting the linkages
Just sounds like something went out of alignment .. who knows

Good luck

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Replace offending door latch..

No links or anything external to goof with,, self contained latch-actuator assembly that bolt to door with 2 cable extend from it to connect to door handle,, and a multi-wire connector plug onto it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the advice.

Rang up the Hyundai service center and booked the car in for a warranty repair of the door lock.

The fault was the actuator is stuffed and it was replaced under warranty and did not cost me a cent. I'm impressed with the customer service Hyundai has provided.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts