Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here on the forum. Seriously considering a SE model. Have not decided turbo vs regular 2.4L, or whether to lease or buy. Not sure how these new sonata's will hold their value in a few years.

I wanted to see how the rear seat comfort is for those who carry passengers. Does the SE have some underseat or door AC vents to keep the kids cool in the hot summer months? How is power with a few passengers. I would appreciate the input.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The residual is so low on these cars the lease rates are terrible. I wanted to lease but the monthly payment was outrageous. Could have leased an MB E-class for what I was quoted on Sonata lease. So I purchased. Historically Hyundai's have had low resale values but that is changing with the recent cars, new Sonata, Genesis. I was waiting on the turbo, but was told late November release date by my dealer (they lost my sale). I REALLY needed a sedan after our Infiniti lease was up in September. After finally being able to find a white SE (in another state) and driving it, I knew the turbo was a waste. The 2.4 is a powerful 4 cylinder engine, plenty of get-up-and-go with fabulous MPG's. The ONLY negative about this engine is it's slightly noisy at idle, on the highway it's quiet.

The Limited non-turbo and turbo has a/c vents for rear seat passenger in the center console back (where the armrest is). The SE does not (should be standard across the Sonata line, but...) It's comfortable in the back seat , I'm 6'4 and did some rear seat time and it wasn't too bad, I missed the a/c vents, but as far as leg room, shoulder room, lumbar it was fine for a 4 door sedan.

Happy so far going into our 3rd week of ownership.

Ray

·
Registered
141 Posts
To add to what Crayb already said , the Limited also has rear heated seats.
So if your concern is keeping your rear passengers comfortable,the Limited might be your best choice.

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (dynamike @ Oct 30 2010, 05:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367470
To add to what Crayb already said , the Limited also has rear heated seats.
So if your concern is keeping your rear passengers comfortable,the Limited might be your best choice.
And the AC vents in the back of the center console.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts