Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
QUOTE (sotonscotty @ Jun 6 2010, 06:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330322
looked at them before I got the car but dont really want to take the rear bumper off to fit it
As we all know, generally, you pays your money and takes your choice. On the i10 I had I decided I wanted rev. sensors. I also decided I didn't want to pay the Hyundai dealer £350 for what was a very ordinary set. I looked at the cheaper 'number plate' type, to which you refer and decided that their coverage was less extensive than a 'proper, bumper fitted', set and set about getting the best after market, independantly fitted installation I could. I had a local alarm/radio/accessory fitting firm (a one man operation as it happens), who was well established and he came to my house, removed the bumper and did a 'proper job' using 4 Cobra sensors. Cost £200 inc. VAT and fitting. I can tell you, having now seen the bumper removed for myself, that if you don't remove the bumper you stand little chance of exactly hitting the right spots. There are other posts on here that refer to doing it without removing the bumper and with the benefit of experience I know how I would do it if I did it again. I think rev sensors are a really worthwhile addition and could well save a minor bump which could easily cost £200 to repair. All just my opinion though.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
This is the only diagram i've found so far that shows behind the bumper.........

......... not very helpful is it! And I had to enlarge it somewhat to be able to see it myself.

·
Registered
541 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Pogle @ Jun 6 2010, 08:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330375
This is the only diagram i've found so far that shows behind the bumper.........

......... not very helpful is it! And I had to enlarge it somewhat to be able to see it myself.

Dave, I watched the fella fit this Cobra Parkmaster. Fairly obviously, if you drill in the wrong place you're gonna hit a bracket and there were distinctly right places to drill - and distinctly wrong ones - and you need the bumper off to get it right. Also, he had to loosen off the exhaust shield to draw the bumper assembly back and away from the car. Wiring, of course, is all done from behind the rear nearside light cluster, with the control box fitted adjacent to the rear seat base. He adjusted it to give the continuous tone at 12 inches. It worked fine - as does the one he fitted to my Jazz at the same time, which remains excellent. Wouldn't have a car without them now - even small cars.....combined use of the sensors plus adjustment of the electric mirrors downwards to show the kerb when reversing in to tight gaps is a piece of cake.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
QUOTE (oldstan @ Jun 7 2010, 01:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330436
Wouldn't have a car without them now - even small cars.....combined use of the sensors plus adjustment of the electric mirrors downwards to show the kerb when reversing in to tight gaps is a piece of cake.
Talk about take the fun out of parking :innocent: :whistling: But seriously, long gone are the days when everyones (well almost everyones) car had 'proper' metal bumpers that helped guide you into said tight gaps!

·
Registered
541 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Pogle @ Jun 8 2010, 11:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331006
Talk about take the fun out of parking :innocent: :whistling: But seriously, long gone are the days when everyones (well almost everyones) car had 'proper' metal bumpers that helped guide you into said tight gaps!
Quite so. I had a few..... a '58 100E Anglia, '69 Cortina and a couple of Austin 1100's. My neck turned round further and more easily then too...

The i10 didn't seem as bad as some for reversing....with lots of cars you don't seem to be able to see anything behind you. I'm surprised more cars don't have sensors fitted as standard. And how many vans, lorries and coaches have them, I ask?

·
Registered
541 Posts
QUOTE (sotonscotty @ Jun 6 2010, 05:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330309
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SR2-TARGA-N...sQ5fAccessories

has anyone fitted these to their I10. Just I dont really want to go drillin holes into the rear bumper of my new car

with regard to the other type of sensor does anyone know if the I10 has any metal behind the rear bumper

Sotonscotty, I just wondered if the information that Mr Pogle and myself posted was of any help to you. You asked if anyone had experience of fitting the sensors and I offered the information gained from having had them installed, but you haven't come back to say whether it was of any assistance.....would be nice to know....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts