Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I just noticed yesterday the rear cargo trim (luggage trim) on both sides of the car are not sitting snug and flush with with the head liner.. (see photos)

I took a peek inside the gap with a flashlight and I can see a clip , and it appears its seated correctly.. tried to push the panel in, and appears all is seated well, but doesnt wanna pull its self in and press against the head liner..

How is everyone else trim in this area?....is your snug and seating firmly against the headliner trim edge???

Thanks all...

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
I recall another post reported something like this. Mine fits similar to yours, but I think yours is worse. I palm slapped it and might have improved it some.

The weather striping in the picture is in a bind from the plastic trim, adjust it if possible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have/had the same problem. I managed to push in the left side. But the right side will need more coercion.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would think it’s not fully seated. I will wait until the summer to try and push the right side back in.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi All

I just noticed yesterday the rear cargo trim (luggage trim) on both sides of the car are not sitting snug and flush with with the head liner.. (see photos)

I took a peek inside the gap with a flashlight and I can see a clip , and it appears its seated correctly.. tried to push the panel in, and appears all is seated well, but doesnt wanna pull its self in and press against the head liner..

How is everyone else trim in this area?....is your snug and seating firmly against the headliner trim edge???

Thanks all...
You have to expect to either fix, adjust or modify almost everything you buy these days.It's sad really.

Almost everything I have purchased has needed a fix. to either improve how it looks or works.

When I have something shipped to my house, the first thing I expect is some kind of damage. Sometimes it's easier to just get the part from the manufacturer and fix it rather than sending back 2 or 3 times.

I'm sure that trim part is just not clipped in securely. Now if you take it to the dealer, they can probably fix it with their greasy paws but then you'll need to spend some time cleaning it like new. Not to mention the shift knob, steering wheel and door handle.

If you want it fixed right. I say do it yourself.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have this same problem. Haven’t made it in to Hyundai yet to get it fixed but will eventually. I’ll post a picture of mine. i am the one who made a post about this previously. I can’t get it to look any better than that. I can’t see any clips or anything else behind it either.
Thanks zero for your feedback.. Do you mind sharing with me/us the outcome when Hyundai looks at it ..

I'll do the same

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have this same problem. Haven’t made it in to Hyundai yet to get it fixed but will eventually. I’ll post a picture of mine. i am the one who made a post about this previously. I can’t get it to look any better than that. I can’t see any clips or anything else behind it either.
Thanks zero for your feedback.. Do you mind sharing with me/us the outcome when Hyundai looks at it ..

I'll do the same

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk
Yes I’ll be sure to update the outcome. I am due for an oil change in a 1000 miles so I’ll probably just have them do both at the same time. will be a few weeks probably. If I didn’t live over an hour away from my dealer It would make this much easier. lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's a Hyundai, not a Mercedes...I have the same issue with my '19 Ultimate and don't really care...

If you really want your OCD to go off the hook, look at the spacing between the hood and the body or whether the doors are flush with the body when closed.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's a Hyundai, not a Mercedes...I have the same issue with my '19 Ultimate and don't really care...

If you really want your OCD to go off the hook, look at the spacing between the hood and the body or whether the doors are flush with the body when closed.
My spacing is perfectly fine on the hood and the doors are perfectly flush. You need to have yours looked at. If you want to accept mediocrity on a car that costs this much that is cool with me but I’m going to get mine fixed.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
My spacing is perfectly fine on the hood and the doors are perfectly flush. You need to have yours looked at. If you want to accept mediocrity on a car that costs this much that is cool with me but I’m going to get mine fixed.
I am the same way! Take it in and have the dealer fix the problem.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went to my local Hyundai this week to pickup some maintenance parts, and I looked through the showroom for any 2019+ Santa Fe , and yuppers.. both in the showroom had the same trim issue.. And the most interesting thing I saw was........ THey had a Palisade also in the showroom.. so I took a walk over to it.. and IT!! also had the same trim gap issue with its rear trim.. TOO FUINNY!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts