Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues with the rear tail lights will not shut off when you turn off the car?
This all happened at the same time but I'm not sure what it is???
1. The traction control dash light comes on and stays on.
2. The cruise control stopped working.
3. The rear tail lights won't shut off even when the car is off.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Don't know about your #1 but the other two may be the bkake switch. In the old days the brake pedal had a plastic grommet which made contact with the brake switch when depressed. Sometimes the grommet would just fall off and brake switch would remain ope all the time.

Not saying this is the problem but I would stick my head under the dash with a flash light and check it out.

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
I went to the hardware store and got a bushing with a "nipple" on it. The nipple just fit the opening in the pedal lever.

Granted this was on an Accent, but it's most likely the same part. It was a soft rubber like silicone that got really soft in the hot weather.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Did you happen to install HID headlights? If so, did you use an isolation relay, aka wiring harness?
What year, model and trim level are we talking about?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I went to the hardware store and got a bushing with a "nipple" on it. The nipple just fit the opening in the pedal lever.

Granted this was on an Accent, but it's most likely the same part. It was a soft rubber like silicone that got really soft in the hot weather.

Won't work. The switch itself is faulty.

This is a common issue on YFs. He needs to take it in. It probably has an open recall.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with the rear tail lights will not shut off when you turn off the car?
Any ideas?
Without a doubt, your brake light switch is faulty and needs replacement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Definitely sounds like a brake switch. I've never looked at the sonatas setup, but I install them at work on cr-vs. Down by the brake pedal there is a coupler plugged into the switch. U can check the coupler to make sure it's set and also check the part that touches the pedal. There should be a little plunger coming out of the tip. U can take out the brake switch and check it out but how the little plunger part is set is very important.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Did you ever get the problem resolved?

I'm having the exact same issue.

Please Help.

Are you sure? Is it your "tail lights" or is your brake lights -? There is big difference when it comes to fixing this-- We pretty much all feel it is the brake lights that remain on . . .which also disables the cruise control-- the problem is the Brake Light Switch. Easy, inexpensive fix.

If it is your tail lights, cruise control, and traction control-- that would be extraordinarily rare-- and I'd have no clue . . .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any ideas?
There is a piece missing between your brake switch and your brake pedal, the car thinks the brake pedal is depressed, thats why the cruise control doesn't work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts