Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I need to remove the offside rear light unit to check wiring for a towbar cable. The local dealer wouldn't say how this is done. Any ideas out there?
Thanks
Keith

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by keithrjones@Oct 27 2004, 09:54 AM
Hello!
I need to remove the offside rear light unit to check wiring for a towbar cable. The local dealer wouldn't say how this is done. Any ideas out there?
Thanks
Keith
[snapback]2069[/snapback]​

Hi Keith,

As with most Terracan fittings - just pull! The light assemblies are attached by a 'stud' with a rounded head which is pushed into a rubber/plastic insert. At least that is how my terracan's tail lights are fitted.

Cheers

Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Doug, my local Hyundai dealer is trying to tell me that the plastic lens is bonded to the car and all sorts!! It will be a pleasure to put them right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe a little off topic, but how do I remove the front parking light/side indicator unit? Need to replace the parking light bulb, and I found out the head lamp and side lamp were 2 different ones. I loosened one screw on the top of the light and part of it came loose, but I'm a bit afraid to just pull, as the plastic might crack. Any suggestions anyone?
Should be an easy one, but you just never know.... :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have the same problem. If I take out the screw on the top of the indicator/sidelight unit, it comes slightly loose, but there's no obvious way to remove it to replace either of the bulbs. Surely this can't be a main dealer job?

Help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have done this job too. The light clusters do just pull off although the nearside one's plastic lug snapped off. However if you keep the broken parts clean you can bond them back together using a good quality adhesive- I used a super glue. Incidentally there is a very convenient groove at the bottom of the pressed recess where the lighting bevel fits and this provides a channel for the wiring that you are about to add to run down to the tow bar. I found that using Scotch Blok connectors made a rather large 'clump' which prevented the light unit from going back properly. I ended up distributing the wiring between both rear lamp clusters to reduce the size of the bulge. Incidentally what tow bar are you planning to buy- the prices vary widely- I bought a PCT kit which was a lot cheaper that the Witter unit. Fitting the towbar is childs play- wiring it is just tedious- if only these car makers would tell us where they have hidden the wiring loom connector!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts