Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Santa Fe. How does the rear license plate attach? There are rectangle holes in the hatch and my plate is screwed into something behind the holes. I haven’t removed the interior panel to see what they are attaching to, but I don’t believe it is factory since my plate will rock from side to side and the two rectangle holes are still open to the weather.

I’ve looked in the online parts catalog and worked with my dealer’s parts department and can not find how the rear plate should be attached. Does anyone have the part number for the rear license plate attachment inserts/nuts? Or recommendations on how I should properly attach the rear license plate?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 2005 Santa Fe. How does the rear license plate attach? There are rectangle holes in the hatch and my plate is screwed into something behind the holes. I haven’t removed the interior panel to see what they are attaching to, but I don’t believe it is factory since my plate will rock from side to side and the two rectangle holes are still open to the weather.

I’ve looked in the online parts catalog and worked with my dealer’s parts department and can not find how the rear plate should be attached. Does anyone have the part number for the rear license plate attachment inserts/nuts? Or recommendations on how I should properly attach the rear license plate?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.