Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Limited 2.4L w/Tech & Ult Pkg's
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Sonata Limited 2.4L
Just changed one of the rear turn signal bulb #1156 (left) for LED bulb, will change 2nd after night video comparison, and the new bulb as you see in video works very well, hopefully for long time. It does not require load resistor to work properly. Same 1156 bulb fits 2016 and 2015 models.
Can't find one for front without resistors :( .

Attachments

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Nice,do you have a link to where you bought them?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got them directly from iJDM site, you get 10%off on first purchase.
1156 or 7507 CAN-bus LED Replacement Bulbs For Turn Signal Lights
You can also find them on Amazon but no 10% off.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-CAN-bus-Replacement-Resistor-Required/dp/B076JKFZHC/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1513215932&sr=1-1&keywords=No+Hyper+Flash+25W+High+Power+Amber+1156[/ame]

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
We have the same car,so did you get the 1156 or the 7507 Canbus bulb?

·
Registered
515 Posts
So these bulbs do NOT require a load resistor? I’m SOLD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
515 Posts
No load resistors, just the bulb. But can't be used as marking lights just as turn signal, just saying :) .

Fine by me! I hate having to use load resistors.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Woooo those are expensive per bulb. I will end up buying them eventually tho LOL

·
Registered
515 Posts
Woooo those are expensive per bulb. I will end up buying them eventually tho LOL

I’m not skilled in the wiring field and the last time I tried to wire in load resistors I failed big time! I figured buying these bulbs at the price was still cheaper than buying non canbus bulbs and then paying someone to do wire in the resistors for me. Better off that the factory wiring doesn’t have to be cut into.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
That price is for a set of two bulbs,although I do agree,they are not cheap. I may hold off till around X-mas to see if there will be a 20% discount.

·
Registered
772 Posts
That price is for a set of two bulbs,although I do agree,they are not cheap. I may hold off till around X-mas to see if there will be a 20% discount.
Oh jeez, I don't know how I didn't catch that. lol

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh jeez, I don't know how I didn't catch that. lol
Yap, price is for 2. Put the 2nd in and man they are brite, can't miss them at night or day :) and no driver behind me can't say " I didn't see his turn signal " lol.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I just received these bulbs in the mail this morning. The packaging is very good and the bulbs themselves feel like they’re great quality. Hope to install during the week.

Reactions: Airforce1

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just received these bulbs in the mail this morning. The packaging is very good and the bulbs themselves feel like they’re great quality. Hope to install during the week.

It's fairly easy to replace them, the only thing I had to do was to loosen up the wires on passenger side from little clip right behind bulbs, new LED is bit longer than regular bulb so it won't just go in. Have fun :).

·
Registered
515 Posts
Got around to installing the new bulbs today. They’re super bright and they’re much more appealing than the incandescent bulbs. My only thing is that they’re somewhat loose in the socket which results in the weird flickering on the passenger side. Overall they’re great! Glad I got them.
Thank you robertzkielc for the recommendation!

https://youtu.be/RgaAwS9cGaw

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got around to installing the new bulbs today. They’re super bright and they’re much more appealing than the incandescent bulbs. My only thing is that they’re somewhat loose in the socket which results in the weird flickering on the passenger side. Overall they’re great! Glad I got them.
Thank you robertzkielc for the recommendation!

https://youtu.be/RgaAwS9cGaw

Glad you like it. Mine bulbs are also so slightly loose but the regular bulbs were same way. I haven't notice any problems with my set, I did see one "hiccup" in your video on passenger side. Did you try to switch them side to side and see if the problem still shows up? You can also email the company and include the link to Youtube, maybe they will replace defective one. Cheers :) .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Got mines and installed them. They are BRIGHTTTTT!!!!

I also have to hiccups on both sides. Let’s if it goes way.... Or I may have to use the warranty and go through the hazel of taking them out :,(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 76 Posts