Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to this forum. I have a 2013 Elantra Gt with the panoramic sunroof. There is no dome light just the map lights up front and map lights in the rear above each door. The issue I am having is that when I open the doors the rear map lights dont come on, only the front ones. The rears do come on when I flip the switch on the actual light housing so I know bulbs aren't the issue. Also the trunk light does not come on and I've tried good bulbs in that so again, not a bulb issue. Anyone have any idea what could be going on?

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,841 Posts
Hello, new to this forum. I have a 2013 Elantra Gt with the panoramic sunroof. There is no dome light just the map lights up front and map lights in the rear above each door. The issue I am having is that when I open the doors the rear map lights dont come on, only the front ones. The rears do come on when I flip the switch on the actual light housing so I know bulbs aren't the issue. Also the trunk light does not come on and I've tried good bulbs in that so again, not a bulb issue. Anyone have any idea what could be going on?
Well Hyundai forgot to wire the rear lights to come on with the doors so it is not a problem but rather a design flaw. Nobodies turn on in the rear with the doors open. As for the trunk light it should come on with the hatch open. Either the sensor for the hatch is broken or the light holder is broken (Wiring etc). So the only problem you have is the Trunk light.

·
Registered
785 Posts
The rear cabin light is a design flaw, we all have that.

As for the trunk light, i've always had problems with mine going on and off when it's supposed to be on. Hyundai has replaced the housing (as the diode was broken), and the problem came back with the new one a few months later. I find that when i open the trunk, if i lightly hit/slap where the trunk light is, then the light will turn on and stay on. So it's kind of just become a habit for me, open the trunk, slap the left side wall if it's dark out, and carry-on with my life :-D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts